Starter relay upgrade

-

berry-cuda

Reaction score
Has anyone got rid of their old style starter relay and installed a more modern one that’s hidden? Basically wiring my car from scratch and wanting to get rid of the old style as they are not very appealing to the eye, any cons to doing this? Tia

No reason why not. The Dakotas and Rams use a "bosch style" that is in the big relay/ power center under the hood. Just remember the wire going to the starter solenoid needs to be fairly large, no12 anyhow.

You will have holes where the starter relay was....

don't want to just hide the stock one?
and, i gotta say, anyone who's spent time adjusting the valve lash on mopar loves having that thing right there :)

That is true, if I had a nickel for every time (I might have used a nickel) to jumper that relay LOL

Hell my 69 RR I could fire that up faster than you could unlock, get in, and use the key. A clip wire and a key ring.

That is true, if I had a nickel for every time (I might have used a nickel) to jumper that relay LOL

Hell my 69 RR I could fire that up faster than you could unlock, get in, and use the key. A clip wire and a key ring.

I guess I could just hide the stock one, as for bumping it to set lash I have a hand trigger I use that goes to the starter solenoid lol

Less than 40 or you get fire. Guessing 25-30 tops. Likely 20.

-
Back