Starter selection - 5.7L/727 w/ TTI headers

-

Sinister.

Reaction score
I've run into a bit of trouble while trying to hunt down a starter for my 5.7L. I plan to run TTI's 1-3/4" (http://www.ttiexhaust.com/Header-TTI57HC/57hemiheaders.htm) headers as well as their biscuit style mounts. The engine will be coupled to a 727.

There are specific starters listed on TTI's website, but last I checked I could not find anywhere that had them in stock.

Anybody running the 5.7L/727/TTI combination -- what starter are you using?

Don't know if the mounts make a difference, but I just ran a starter from a Dakota with my TTI's. I think I just told the part counter late 90's or something like that. Don't know that the year really makes too much difference. I have a 4 speed in mine, but I wouldn't think the bellhousings would be that different for starter mounting. Had to grind a little off of the block where there is some extra casting for full starter clearance. Pretty tight and had to remove a little rubber boot next to the headers, but it fits okay otherwise. Trying to figure out the rubik's cube rotation procedure for snaking it through the headers was fun though.

-
Back