Starter Wire

-

Mopar Sam

Well Fed Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a source for the 1999 and newer mini starter push in connectors? I have a starter that came with a motor my son bought, and it has the push in type of terminal for the small wire. For now, I borrowed the one off my durango that is sitting with a blown head gasket, but will need to get it going before winter.

Connector for this type of starter. I would like to get a new one, as the local yards are a pain to deal with anymore.

screenshot_20191023-225435_chrome-jpg.jpg

Places like NAPA sell some proprietary pigtails, other than that the dealer?

I used to buy a lot of stuff from our local NAPA, but now they have people in there who act like you are bothering them when you walk in the door. How dare you interrupt their game...

I used to buy a lot of stuff from our local NAPA, but now they have people in there who act like you are bothering them when you walk in the door. How dare you interrupt their game...

I hear ya...........there is no cure...........here there are three females who work for Oh'reallys They try hard and are some of the better 'parts persons' of late. Last year I was in NAPA looking for 1/8 nylon tubing.....like used in air brake controls and oil pressure gauge kits. Guy had no idea what I was talking about. "Some other" guy finally took me clear back to the "rear building" and here was a roll of it.......under a bench.

Decades ago I worked for a large outfit in this town that had the reputation of "everything." We sold industrial drive parts, sprockets, taper lock, sheaves, belts, chain, welding parts and supplies, and welders and repaired them, on top of a full line of auto parts. We were a factory distributor for Timken and Wix and a couple of other lines. We made hundreds of hydraulic hoses. At the time we carried a FULL line of Proto tools, also a distributor. The parts counter was over 80' long And we sold wire rope and rigging parts, and log chokers. And we sold popular truck parts, air brake valves, and relined truck/ trailer shoes and turned drums all the way from Fiat to over the road trucks.

I used to know this ****. Now I feel like a fish hundreds of miles from water. And it all comes from China.

OK, I guess I found the answer after a long search.
Mopar part # 5014098AD There are some on ebay from $30-$35. Rock Auto also has some. Summit lists them, but not in stock.

Hope this helps some other members out, although the junk yards are probably the best option if you are cheap like me...

The good old yards I went to as a teenager are long gone now.

-
Back