Starting a new job tomorrow!

-

MB43

Reaction score
Wish me luck, I'm starting a new job tomorrow!

:thumbup:

mikelbeck said:

Where the hell have you been ? :-k

Good luck with the new job. Train them good from the start....:thumbup:

mikelbeck said:

:supz: Started my new job 10 weeks ago. Just like McDonalds,I'm luvin it. Hope you have the same luck with yours. :thumrigh:

Thanks!

John - I've been all over... I got laid off from my ridiculously good paying job in February. So then I was frantically searching for a new job. I interviewed all over the country but nothing good panned out. So I took a job locally, one that had promises of good work and big money (eventually). It turned out that I spent more time sitting around doing nothing than actually working, and my paycheck was getting smaller and smaller each week.

Then a friend of mine called me and said he just started at a new place, one that I had interviewed at back in May. He said that he was starting to build a new IT department, and he put the job description into the HR database. It found the best match for resumes that it had in it's database, and my name was on the top of the list. So he called me, told me that the job was mine if I wanted it, and it had a good salary. I went in and tried to negotiate for some more scratch, but they said that they couldn't go any higher. But they could take the difference from what they were offering and what I wanted and make that a signing bonus. So of course, I took it. ;-)

Between the time I was laid off and today, I was working my butt off to try to make some extra cash here and there, doing side jobs, building new web sites, etc. I haven't had much free time to much of anything, so I haven't been on the boards much. But now I'm back!

Wow...sounds like a rocky road for the past year. Glad to hear your getting in with a promising situation.

Good luck!

Yep... but it all seems to be working out now.

I'm looking forward to having some time to myself again, Tony!

Mikel, I hope you injoy your new job.and it is good to here you will have more time to spend with us and other's. good job finding a job or them finding you.
memike.

Looks like I'm a day late to wish you luck, but here a toast to your continued luck!
(Pop! fizzzz, glug glug glug, One soda pop down!)
Close to home?

rumblefish360 said:
Looks like I'm a day late to wish you luck, but here a toast to your continued luck!
(Pop! fizzzz, glug glug glug, One soda pop down!)
Close to home?

Thanks!

Yep, close to both of us... in between 62 and 61 on the north side of the LIE service road. Know the place?

One week down... Man, it's nice to have work to do again! I'm backed up for the next couple of weeks already.

mikelbeck said:
Thanks!

Yep, close to both of us... in between 62 and 61 on the north side of the LIE service road. Know the place?
No chit! You mean the place that puts up a BIG RED bow during Christmas time. Makes the building itself look like a box under the tree.
Beautyful! I'm about 5 miles away. I pass it dailt getting off at 61 to get to Ronkonkoma rail yard.

Hmmm.... No, not that place, I don't think. That's CA you're talking about, between 58 and 57, right?

I know my car is laying about 3/4 of a mile south of exit 60 not having a %$#@#$% thing done to it yet......

Good luck with the job Mikel. Been wondering where you be at. :thumbup:

mikelbeck said:
Hmmm.... No, not that place, I don't think. That's CA you're talking about, between 58 and 57, right?
Actuall, not the place I was thinking about, I think the place your also does a bow. I know CA does. My mistake possibly. Not sure. Anyways, I pass it everyday on the way to work. Between 62 - 61.

FASTBACK340 I know my car is laying about 3/4 of a mile south of exit 60 not having a %$#@#$% thing done to it yet......
And next time your out this way, let me know, i'm about 5 miles or 10 min.s away. 62 north for 3 miles.

rumblefish360 said:
And next time your out this way, let me know, i'm about 5 miles or 10 min.s away. 62 north for 3 miles.

I'll be out there after work next Saturday afternoon to hopefully NOT have my heart broken....

I'll PM you Friday night. We'll get together and say "HI" :thumbup:

PM me too, lemme know where ya gonna be, maybe I'll meet up with ya!

mikelbeck said:
PM me too, lemme know where ya gonna be, maybe I'll meet up with ya!

It won't be until at least 3:30 as I have to work until 2:00, then I have to make it past a few malls with all this damn holiday shopping traffic. But I am coming out. As a matter of fact, wanna ALL go to the shop and watch me loose my F`in mind if my car is still the way I brought it out there? :angry4:

-
Back