Starting after winter

-

72ScampTramp

Scamp Tramp
Reaction score
So ive never been though this. Obviously I want to check the fluids and such anything else I need to do before I fire it up after a few months?

just go ahead and start it, warm it up then change the oil. It may be a bit hard to start until it gets fuel in the carb.

I always made sure to go out once every couple of weeks and start my car. I am sure it went more then a month a couple times though. Always fired right up after a few pumps though!

Bring it up to 180(temp)just to make sure your thermostat isn't stuck closed.It happens,so just a thought.Need video of first fire up of 2014.:D

It wont be today. Ive got a make shift paint booth set up behind the car and im not ready to take it down. I wanted to back it out so I could paint the hood but that didnt work out. Just getting some info ive never had to go though the process.

I just fired my car up today for the first time in almost 5 months. I checked all fluids first, poured a little gas in the carb, pumped the throttle a few times and it started right up.
I did notice the thermostat housing is leaking quite a bit though:banghead:....... oh well, it sure was nice to hear it run again!

I hope to hear mine roar soon. I have the front brakes apart fixing a leak right now so the spring start up will have to wait a little longer!

Started mine yesterday for the 1st time in 4 months. Before I even tried, I put the battery charger on it for about 1/2 hr (don't know if I needed to..). Pouring a little gas in the carb really helps, but I just turned it over a few times to get the gas up to the carb, then pumped it a few times and off she went....! :)

I fired up the 66 Dart on Friday,let it run for awhile and all seems good to go.I,ll have to pull the cover off the Dart Sport tomorrow and fire it up while it's sunny out.Might even take it for a spin.:D

We got ANOTHER 8 inches of snow today!! Doesn't look like I will be firing up any time soon.

This winter has been unreal.

-
Back