Starting the little man on Mopars young

-

Mopar to ya

Reaction score
My grandson loves my car. He'll stand on the seat and try and move the steering wheel. Then he'll grab the shifter and try and move it back and forth. He was at his first car show at two weeks old and I got the pic of him asleep on my hood scoop. He loves it when he can sit in car the and rumble up the road slowly at car shows. Gotta get him into Mopar at a young age. This Dart will probably be his one day.

View attachment Brantley in Mopar shirt.jpg

View attachment Brantley on hood scoop.jpg

View attachment Brantley driving.jpg

View attachment Brantley driving 1.jpg

View attachment Brantley driving 2.jpg

That's real cool. Mine is the same way, when I'm working on the car he's right there elbow deep with me.

What a cutie! He has a great mentor. tmm

Does Child Protective Services know about this? :)

Very cool. I went to high school with a guy like your youngster. We called him Smorgasbord. One look as his shirt, you knew what he had for lunch!

That's so cool, Mopar to ya. I'm getting my daughter into mopars as well, she starts to cry when she gets taken away from our oldies. Here's one of my daughter in my 68 Barracuda.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 286
And one more in my 75 dodge d100, I wanna pass on this amazing hobby down just like my dad passed on his love for oldies to me, gave me his 68 chevy II nova after graduating from high school.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 272
Start em young! I always loved helping my Dad work on the same Duster that I own now. My boys love doing the same! We gotta keep the trend going!

Attachments

• IMG_0321.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 270
  • 2012-03-03_19-23-26_310.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_0166.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_0740.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_0446.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 274
This is my oldest grand daughter insisting on putting the head bolts in a 340.

img0453z.jpg

Very cool, glad im not the only one keep my kids in the "car culture" ! My 7yr old can spot and name off almost every old Mopar model. He can tell a superbird from a Daytona in a split second, I love it ! We go to car shows all summer long, he's walking around rattling off cars left and right. People always look over not expecting to see a little kid, My wife says I've ruined him already !

My kids have gotten into it as well. Eldest son has helped on some of the restore

Attachments

• IMG_2437.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_3071.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 176
I don't have any kids yet but when I was little I would sit on the floor in my Dart and pump the gas and turn the key while my grandpa poured gas down the carb. We'd bring the car out every spring. Now i'm restoring that same Dart, engine bay pic in my avatar. Here I am with my grandpa in the 90's with the Dart in the background, I'm on the right.
FdTI5STl.jpg
[/IMG]

Here is my 2 year old grandson 'helping' his pap out with the Dart lol (after all, its going to be his someday..he'll be 3 this May)

Attachments

• photo (53).jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 145
At car shows I'm the only car there that encourages people to have their kids' picture taken inside my car. Usually the kids' eyes light right up and the parents are surprised I would even offer such a thing.

Here are pics of my friend's kids and my nephew at the bottom:

0ZWBGKW.jpg

HKirdfS.jpg

fxHcfD4.jpg

Yes my nephew CHOSE to wear a shirt and sunglasses that matched my car. He even told everyone it was his car :D

At car shows I'm the only car there that encourages people to have their kids' picture taken inside my car. Usually the kids' eyes light right up and the parents are surprised I would even offer such a thing.
:D

That's funny, I do the same thing. Parents look at me like I'm crazy! Kids love it though. ****, it's a car and I use it. There like butts won't hurt anything!

-
Back