Stealth on a 340?

-

VSTwister

Reaction score
I have a Weiand Stealth intake now on my 318. Was planning to use it on my 400 HP street 340 build, with Eddy 60779 RPM heads. I know it's a good intake, but I'm concerned about the smaller 318 sized ports for the 340.

Keep it or start hunting for an LD340? (Or something else?)

Mine had smaller port windows. If you stick you finger in you can feel the ports taper to a smaller size. Just gasket match and you good to go.

Th Stealth has narrow ports. But they are not 318 sized. If this is a place holder - run it but I wouldn't waste time port matching. If it's not a place holder I'd get the Performer 318 and run that.

Ok thanks.

Maybe I should clarify, I read they were smaller, more "closely matched" to 318 heads, rather than 340/360. But if the Stealth is designed more suited for a 340, then I stand corrected and feel it should do the job for my build.

its best to gasket match for the most performance on any head/intake. but if you haven't gasket matched the head then no sense in doing anything to the intake. I always gasket match the head an intake there are a lot of intakes that have a lot of core shift and mismatched port openings

-
Back