Steering arms for front steer

-

stormydart

Reaction score
I inherited a 72 dart from my father in law. Started to work on it he did a dodge Dakota rack conversion and flipped the lower ball joints from side to side. Where can I get steering arms to fix the Ackerman problem or can I make them. Thanks

I inherited a 72 dart from my father in law. Started to work on it he did a dodge Dakota rack conversion and flipped the lower ball joints from side to side. Where can I get steering arms to fix the Ackerman problem or can I make them. Thanks

Magnum Force Transformer uses a stock spindle with a custom bolt on steering arm. But the whole suspension is redone with a Fox body Rack and Pinion . Custom lower control arms to match the geometry for Bump steer and the Ball joints are on the lower control arms to make it all work.

IMG_0599.JPG

Back to the drawing board might be the best plan. I have a Dakota steering rack too but intended to stay with the rear steer geometry. Mine is power steering. That fluid versus exhaust was my worry. Only example I recall seeing here was a right hand drive a-body. Don't recall was that power steering or not. Good luck

-
Back