Steering box install

-

Dusterb318

Reaction score
Well I started my manual to power conversion last night. I must say the Flaming River conversion kit is great. Very easy to use and install. Also much prettier than those adaptor pieces. I am getting ready to line up the steering wheel, shaft and pitman arm to the centerlink. If I turn the steering wheel from lock to lock it is like 6 1/2 turns (sound right?) so I need to go back 3 1/4 turns and that should be center and mark the shafts and install everything correct?

cavemanmoron said:
5.5 turns is stock.

I spun the wheel around like 10 times and it comes out to 6 1/2 from extreme left to extreme right.

It was very easy....pull out the old box and remove the pot connector.....re-drill the hole for the 5/16" drift pin......measure the shaft for the right length.......cut it and install and tighten everything up. If the motor is out you don't have to pull the steering column out there is enough room with the ujoint to put the box on a angle and slide everything in........easy as pie and very clean looking......probably gave me close to a 1/2" more clearence on the headers.

-
Back