steering box

-

KB9GIB

Reaction score
Hi, Looking for some input on power steering box's would you go Firm Feel or Borgeson thanks for all info.KB9GIB

every time i see a thread with someone who loves their Borgeson box i think nice, they got the fitment issues figured out. then a thread pops up like this The Borgeson box *&$*$%# Continued! | Corners Are Best - Handling Tech | Moparts Forums

as much as i'd love to try a Borgeson box i just can't see spending that kind of money for something that may not fit and have the company not stand behind it like they should.. for me i'd be buying a firmfeel.. i know that is going to fit correctly..

I bought T bars from Firm Feel, called them up first. They were very helpful, easy to talk with. If I ever upgrade my box, I'm going back to them first.

Thanks for the info we got the box off today and sending it to Firm-Feel Monday. KB9GIB

I wouldn't rule out Steer n' Gear for your steering box. Check them out before you commit. They rebuilt my PS box off of my Dart and I have no complaints.

you can give pete at Bergman Auto Craft - Home of the Modern Muscle Car a call. he says he has had real good luck installing them.. but i keep seeing those threads pop up with guys having issues.. so who knows what it is true..

I wanted to pull the trigger on Pete's kit this week. Which other threads (other than the one you previously mentioned) regarding fitment issues? I wanted to read up before making a final decision.

Last edited:
Been a few there. You would have to do a search and find them. I know I saw a similar thread on an ebody site too.

Search around. You'll find them.

Like I said call Pete and talk to him directly. He says he has sold a bunch of them with no problems. For me it's s Ton of money for something I'm not sure will fit or is atleast a crap shoot on weather it will fit properly. . If someone I knew well and trusted had one and it fit like it should then maybe I would pull the trigger.

Last edited:
Had FF rebuild the man box on the Dart and the PS box on the Coronet. Went with the Stage III on the PS. What a difference! I highly recommend them.

I’m looking at getting a Firm Feel power steering box and would like to know what makes the Stage III the cats meow? I want to be able to parallel park but at interstate speeds I don’t what to feel like I’m at the wheel of the Black Pearl. Rack and pinion would be great but no one makes an a-body kit and I know it would be very expensive.

The Stage III makes the steering feel 'heavier', kind of like a modern sport sedan with a power rack. The power steering isn't any harder to turn, so it doesn't feel like a manual box. And it's very responsive. A friend of mine on FBBO has the stage II and it's not much different, a little lighter wheel when cruising at speed.

So I emailed FF and this is how Dennis summed it up. They suggest Stage I boxes for C body, Stage II for B and E body and Stage III for the lighter A body cars. Sounds good enough to me so I think I'm going to pull the trigger on a Stage III.

So I emailed FF and this is how Dennis summed it up. They suggest Stage I boxes for C body, Stage II for B and E body and Stage III for the lighter A body cars. Sounds good enough to me so I think I'm going to pull the trigger on a Stage III.
I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Called FFI this morning and placed my order for a Stage III box. Had a great conversation with Matt. He made sure I would be receiving the correct box for my needs. My '71 Duster has been upgraded to the '73 and up spindles but it's still got the small sector shaft '71 box. I considered going with a large shaft box so I may some day upgrade to fast ratio pitman and idler arms. Matt informed me that they make fast ratio kits for small or large sector shaft boxes so i can put this box in now and upgrade my pitman at a later date.

-
Back