steering column bearing Q

-

tooslow

Reaction score
73 challenger
is there a bearing that goes inside the $50 nylon insert that attaches to the firewall and the steering shaft goes thru The steering column shaft goes through the firewall and I bought the nylon insert. It seems like a bearing should go on the shaft and fit in the insert?
I know this is A body but i got bugs in my eye's and have'nt registered for E bodies.. I LOVE MOPARS so please help!

No bearing was used originally they only had a piece of foam to keep the dust out which nuked in no time.

73 challenger
is there a bearing that goes inside the $50 nylon insert that attaches to the firewall and the steering shaft goes thru The steering column shaft goes through the firewall and I bought the nylon insert. It seems like a bearing should go on the shaft and fit in the insert?
I know this is A body but i got bugs in my eye's and have'nt registered for E bodies.. I LOVE MOPARS so please help!

no bearing goes into that BUT you can get a bearing to work for you. there's a post on here somewhere.9forgot to bookmark it darnit:banghead:) but I did search the bearing out on ebay. nice cheaper fix and the bearing should last a looooong time compared to the nylon insert. call
1" Bearing, ER16, ER-16, SER205-16, NEW

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280300800190?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I did one and it worked great , plus it stopped the smells and hot engine air going up the column

-
Back