steering column coupler

-

dartlove

Reaction score
Can anyone help. I am trying to find a steering column coupler with no success.
As far as I know it is a stock box. I have counted and recounted the splines and come up with 3/4 shaft 35 splines and a gap. This is on a 64 dart GT. Used to be a slant 6 car. The new column is 3/4 moly tubing. Any help greatly appreciated.:banghead:

The difference is ps or ms not in the splines. The ms shaft is thicker than the ps shaft on the steering box

For the early A, just finding a rebuild kit or parts for the OEM box coupling can be a challenge. It hasn't been more than a few months since another member was seeking a coupling for his non common application. He found a source for the universal joint type couplings that was more affordable than some of those well known sources.
Searching back through previous threads might take some time but might save some money too. Good luck

If you want a u joint style coupler try Bryke Racing. They sell circle track parts. I believe I bought a 3/4 round to 36 spline version for my 69 cuda.

Attachments

• IMG_1974.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 241
Can anyone help. I am trying to find a steering column coupler with no success.
As far as I know it is a stock box. I have counted and recounted the splines and come up with 3/4 shaft 35 splines and a gap. This is on a 64 dart GT. Used to be a slant 6 car. The new column is 3/4 moly tubing. Any help greatly appreciated.:banghead:

Do a Google search under "3/4" 36 spline u-jolt" and should find a bunch of them! I got one for around $30 shipped:D

Thank you everyone for the response. So let me see if i understand correctly. Even
though I only count 35 splines a 36 will do the trick? What about the 1/8 " gap? Is that normal? I have never encountered this before so please bare with me but I want to get well
informed.

Thank you everyone for the response. So let me see if i understand correctly. Even
though I only count 35 splines a 36 will do the trick? What about the 1/8 " gap? Is that normal? I have never encountered this before so please bare with me but I want to get well
informed.

It should be a 36 spline, maybe the gap is your missing spline?

-
Back