Steering column diagram

-

JimMac

Reaction score
I completely dismantled my steering column in my 1965 Valiant to paint it. I am now reassembling it and did not take pictures as I have a manual for a 1964. I also have a 1966 parts car. I now realize that the 1964 had push buttons for the automatic shift and mine has the column shift for the automatic but with cables to the transmission. My 1966 has a completely different system. Does anyone know where I can get a diagram that will show me how the shifting pieces at the bottom of the column go together. I think I guessed right but it would be nice to be sure before I install the column.

I bought the parts book and Factory Service manual for my '64 Valiant. The parts book has actually proven to be every bit as valuable as the FSM because it has really nice exploded diagrams of every single assembly on the car. If you want a digital copy, these guys sell them. They ain't cheap, but they're really nice to have saved on your computer or cloud drive ready to go whenever you need them. You can keep an eye out for the physical parts book and manual on eBay, but you'll probably pay the same thing.

http://www.moparmanuals.com/mopar/m...r=65&lstMake=plymouth&submit.x=40&submit.y=11

That sounds great, but being in Canada those books will cost me over $100.00 and I do have a 1964 service manual that was given to me and it works for most of the car. The steering column is one of the few things that changed.

Won't help you much, but for readers w/ a floor shifter, I posted photos of my 65 column rebuild ~4 yrs ago.

-
Back