Steering Column Mount Question

-

2fine69s

69 340-6pak Rag Top
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Having had my car a part for the better part of 8 years, I am reassembling now and for the life of me cannot remember how the column/firewall plate attaches. The attached picture shows the plate and the correct screws for it to bolt to the firewall. My question is: What is correct to use to make up the size difference between the 3 large plate holes and the smaller bolts?
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0594.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 268
YUP. Don't remember what they are called, they had large captured washers

Some pics before I disassembled mine and a few others I have saved

DMT sells all the firewall foam gaskets in black if you don't care for the white ones on a dark firewall, they also sell the rubber gasket between the two plates you can see it in the pic his piece is a O-ring I don't know if the factory one was an O-ring and smashed into shape(like in the 3rd pic) after the two plates were tightened down or not but it seems like his will do the job

I seem to have better luck searching for parts on their Ebay store vs. the website

R/T specialties has these
http://rtspecialties.net/proddetail.asp?prod=6025354
They seem to be the 3 bolts for the large plate, couldn't find the (2)bolts for the smaller plate if anyone stumbles on the R/T part number for those please post on here

Mr. G's has a great website for bolts and things if you know specs on what you are looking for.
https://mrgusa.com

Attachments

• DSC00422.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 274
  • DSC00434.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 234
  • DSC00440.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 246
  • i14659.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 244
  • LimePedals.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 266
Just finished rebuilding my column in my 68 this is what I have.

Attachments

• IMG_20151129_173300.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 244
The bolt with the large fender washer is what I was missing. Thanks for the picture.

-
Back