Steering Column Salvage

-

loganscuda

This/These
Reaction score
For those of you who have a crappy steering slop in your car or those who want tilt steering. I found that me being tight with my wifes money A flaming river column will fit perfectly in the original housing, you use the upper dash mount down to the floor mount. No need to buy their column drops or the floor fire wall mount. Pull the column apart and slide it in. 67 barracuda

For those of you who have a crappy steering slop in your car or those who want tilt steering. I found that me being tight with my wifes money A flaming river column will fit perfectly in the original housing, you use the upper dash mount down to the floor mount. No need to buy their column drops or the floor fire wall mount. Pull the column apart and slide it in. 67 barracuda
Yea....I purchased a rebuild kit for my 1967 but I haven't pulled it apart. I'm interested in what you did.

Ok finally took pics they aren't that great but you can see I used knurled set screws to hold column in original housing. Had to cut off housing in firewall am using rack and pinion will send pics of that forgot.

IMG_4703.JPG
IMG_4703.JPG
IMG_4705.JPG
IMG_4699.JPG
IMG_4699.JPG

IMG_4697.JPG

While you are at it let's see details of the dash cluster...........

This was originally a three speed column shifter. Had to cut six inches off end as it was hitting my valve cover

Gauges are speed hut. They are a little smaller that original so I had a buddy with a plasma table cut me some halos to make up the difference so a snug fit could be made on the back I wish I took pictures of the Frankenstein contraption I made to hold them in. Better left unseen.

-
Back