-
Status
Not open for further replies.

dustermaniac

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a floor shift steering column for a 73-75 Duster. needs to be in good condition without any broken wires, components etc.. Prefer Black but if not I'll paint it.P.M. if you have one for sale. Thanks. Tom

'73 ia a little different than the '74-5. Which year do you have? Power or manual steering?

not sure if you have an automatic shifted column already.....but if you do and you want to save your self some $$$$ .....I did a write up on converting from an auto column over to a manual column......take a little bit of time and fab work and effort but just for a few bucks you can turn your auto column into a manual.....

Here is a link to the write up on how to do it that I made.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=104306

I have power steering and the column I need is for a 74. DD I will check out your thread and see if I can fabricate my own using your thread.

here is picture

P7130276.jpg

P7130277.jpg

Here's what I did Tom.

Mine was auto on the column....switched to auto on the floor

Ground off the shifter hanle mount and PRNDL hump

DSCF1702_Medium_.jpg

DSCF1716_Medium_.jpg

DSCF1717_Medium_.jpg

Body filler

DSCF1719_Medium_.jpg

DSCF1721_Medium_.jpg

Finished product

DSCF1775_Medium_.jpg

DSCF1776_Medium_.jpg

Very minimal cost......took a little labor

HAHA looks like you and I were on the same page tony.

Thats pretty much the same thing I did with mine that I posted the link to on here earlier in the thread.

Looks great.

Limelight, I'll take your column. I had a line on another member's steering column but yours looks to have the same wiring harness as mine and the price is right. I'll send you a P.M.
thanks for all the advice guys that you all have given me on this subject. It is very valuable to know that not only can you gain knowledge out here on these forums but also that you actually get the feeling like your best friends are right along besides you guiding and helping every step of the way. You all are awesome!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back