steering columns?

-

Bigmacdak

I'll take the Duster.....
Reaction score
Im wanting to put the shifter back on the column like it came from the factory to make the car come across as a sleeper, at least that is my intent right now. I have a great looking auto steering column out of a /6 car, no power steering that I would like to use. Will it work in my no power steering 340 duster??

Thanks alot!

unless there is a difference in the splined hole in the box coupling it should bolt right in. input shafts on steering boxes changed at some point. The box coupling could be moved from one to the other. Have fun :)

I believe the Flaming River adaptor would be necessary if Bigmac was going to use a P/S column in a non-P/S car but since they are both non-PS cars to begin with, the difference in shafts is the only thing to consider here as Redfish mentioned.

If I read Bigmacdak's post correctly the column is a manual steer column and the car he wants to swap it into is a manual steer car. If that is correct no adapter is necessary.

Sorry I was trying to word it so it would'nt sound like I was a retard! Both cars are non-P/S cars. im taking the column I want to use out of a 72' /6 car & putting it into a 70' v8 car. I just didnt know if the /6 used a different length steering shaft or something of that nature?

Thanks guys!

-
Back