Steering wheel paint

-

salinasjoel

Learning Daily
Reaction score
Suggestions for painting my steering wheel what paint to use basically. Black interior and about the only thing that's salvageable inside my car is the steering wheel. Everything else is shot but somehow the steering wheel is nice no cracks. So I don't need to repair just give it a quick sand and a coat of paint.
Thanks

Suggestions for painting my steering wheel what paint to use basically. Black interior and about the only thing that's salvageable inside my car is the steering wheel. Everything else is shot but somehow the steering wheel is nice no cracks. So I don't need to repair just give it a quick sand and a coat of paint.
Thanks

I used regular Automotive paint with hardener and primer (base coat clear coat both had hardener in them)
with one caveat.
I did use Bullydog adhesion promoter under the very first coat of primer to grab the plastic and epoxy repair. so far no cracks and problems (other than it's still the wrong color for my new top &^*%^&%)
mine was cracked and broken pretty bad and came out okay.
View attachment DSCF3011.jpg

I did have a friend tell me about a "soft" feeling paint that sounds interesting. (but costs wayyyyy too much for me to get some) google soft feel paint and no plasti-dip isn't the same as the OEM soft touch steering wheel stuff . I wish it was though I could even afford that:D

here is a link to the clear soft touch paint (EXPENSIVE)
http://www.kustomrides.com/soft-feel_clear.html

I painted a Cadillac steering wheel 5 yrs ago and it still looks good
used Fusion rattle can, prep was easy just clean good it's made by Kralon

-
Back