Steering wheel's on the wrong side!

-

Roland J-L

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the club and Mopar. After years of dreaming finally my heart's won and I've shoehorned a '68 Dart GT into my English garage. Hey I thought these cars were supposed to be compact. I needed 4 Go Jacks to get it in and I guess the same to get it out. It's a 2 dr hardtop in Sublime with a '73 360 cu in engine + 8 1/4" rear end. Looks like it's been down the strip a few times but I'll need to strip her down to check the spec. Came to me with no bonnet (hood) or boot (truck) lid but, with the help of members from the excellent Mopar Muscle Association UK club I've now filled those holes. It's amazing what's stashed away! Non runner currently so this year is about a strip and rebuild ready for next year. I've a lot to learn about these cars so I'll be scouring the forums. Dash pad replacement and new roof lining are early on the work list. Looking forward to it!

Attachments

• DSCF2351.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 168
welcome ....these cars are compact, try a B or C-body in the same garage LOL.

Might need to improvise on the steering wheel ...j/K

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 111
Thanks RaniDart70. That's an epic steering conversion. Pretty sure our UK MOT vehicle checkers night have something to say. Best wishes, Roland

welcome ....these cars are compact, try a B or C-body in the same garage LOL.

Might need to improvise on the steering wheel ...j/K

That set up would work great until the belt busted going 70 MPH!!

treblig

Welcome! I was stationed at RAF Scampton near Lincoln many many years ago. Was on exchange from the USAF. Loved England. Had no idea there were so many MOPAR lovers there.

Shingar, A lot of the American car interest in the UK is on the East side (Lincolnshire, Essex, Yorkshire, Kent) and I'm guessing that you USAF guys leaving your drives was one of the main reasons. We have a local meet every month in the Summer and I guess there's 5 - 10 US classics (Chevy and Ford pickups are particularly popular). Weather's picking up now so there'll be more out and about. Cheers, Roland

Welcome aboard this great place I call home

-
Back