steering

-

szarnich

Reaction score
I have a 1970 duster , I want to put power steering in the car , will I have to change the steering column , the old one is way to long with the power steering box installed in the car the old manual box is much smaller than the power unit

the manual column is longer then the power steering column due to the length of the steering box...also the splines are different on the two steering boxes ....

One option is to swap the actual steering shaft to a power shaft. I happen to have a power shaft here, with the coupler that Im not planning on using. Coupler needs a rebuild kit, but those are cheap on ebay. That way you can retain the rest of the column. If your interested in the shaft shoot me a PM and we can work something out.

I replaced the shaft when I went manual to power in my 70 Duster. Pretty simple to do.

I have a 1970 duster , I want to put power steering in the car , will I have to change the steering column , the old one is way to long with the power steering box installed in the car the old manual box is much smaller than the power unit

I want to put manual steering in my car. If you have that 70' manual box, column, or just the manual shaft for sale let me know. I have everything power steering, bracket racing car, want manual steering (lighter and no HP pull for power steering pump). Hope I'm not shotgunning or stepping on toes of other deals in the works. Just throwing it out there.

I want to put manual steering in my car. If you have that 70' manual box, column, or just the manual shaft for sale let me know. I have everything power steering, bracket racing car, want manual steering (lighter and no HP pull for power steering pump). Hope I'm not shotgunning or stepping on toes of other deals in the works. Just throwing it out there.
yes i would like to sell the old box , what is it worth e mail [email protected]

-
Back