Stellantis workers could receive $14,760 in profit sharing

-
Stellantis, Daimler or FCA had nothing to do with getting Jeep. That was all the only reason the original Chrysler bought AMC. They tried to buy just Jeep but the court said all or nothing. So when Chrysler bought AMC in 1987 they only built enough cars to fulfill the UAW contracts for AMC. Then Chrysler booted Renault back across the pond. Look at all the Jeep Cherokees that were built. For years Chrysler used up AMC parts. Hell the 4.0 inline 6 was built for over 20 some years and it was an AMC engine! It was used in the Pacer. But that is another story.

I was working for an AMC dealership in 1985 and could see the writing on the wall as they say. I left and went to a Chrysler Plymouth dealership. Man it was great! Then those Jeeps followed me :-(

Wonder why new cars cost so much?

I've gotten dividend checks from Daimler, since dumping my Chrysler stock when I had a choice. Chrysler has been dead since the 90's.

The government push will for the EV's will be the final nail in your stocks
I didn't pay for them....so I don't care. They were left to me, by a relative who got them instead of bonuses. They gave him one of those stupid Sno-runners, too. "Here....these are like money" LOL

Stellantis, Daimler or FCA had nothing to do with getting Jeep. That was all the only reason the original Chrysler bought AMC. They tried to buy just Jeep but the court said all or nothing. So when Chrysler bought AMC in 1987 they only built enough cars to fulfill the UAW contracts for AMC. Then Chrysler booted Renault back across the pond. Look at all the Jeep Cherokees that were built. For years Chrysler used up AMC parts. Hell the 4.0 inline 6 was built for over 20 some years and it was an AMC engine! It was used in the Pacer. But that is another story.
And most of the jeep line up is junk. Jeep means just empty every pocket.

They have come a long way with the Jeep. After about 2014 they got there **** together. But I have two 2013 Chrysler 200 cars in the fleet. Both with the 2.4 four cylinder. Bought them new. I knew that was when Chrysler tried to save them selfs and they have been a great. They fixed all the stupid **** wrong with the Sebring and renamed it. They fly under the radar and most people beat the **** out of them.

And most of the jeep line up is junk. Jeep means just empty every pocket.
We've had several in our family over the past 20 years. Probably over a million miles and no expensive repairs. Brakes, tires and oil changes.

We've had several in our family over the past 20 years. Probably over a million miles and no expensive repairs. Brakes, tires and oil changes.
That's awesome. Folks I've known had nothing but trouble with them.

I L O VE my 2015 Jeep Renegade 1.4 turbo six speed manual.

Wonder why new cars cost so much?

I've gotten dividend checks from Daimler, since dumping my Chrysler stock when I had a choice. Chrysler has been dead since the 90's.

I made a killing on ford stock during "the great recession".

Bought at $4, sold at $12. and it paid me a little the whole time.

One thing Daimler did right was bring back the 3500 series and heavier commercial truck market.

Prior to the early 2000's, I never saw any Dodge tow trucks, roll backs, or even service body trucks.

...and they are still competitive in those market segments, and may have the sprinter to thank for the FCA version that came after.
Interesting that gm doesn't really have an entry in this "big, tall, ugly van" market like Stelantis, m-b, nissan, and ford do.

The Sterling debacle, however is very sad. I'm not big on "badge engineering" but it was furthering the mid and heavy commercial market share cause.
I would have loved to have seen the now apparently gone forever, former ford "Louisville" line move forward as the "heavy Ram" line with Dodge and Cummins power.

Last edited:
It's rare for too level executives and shareholders to pass profits down to the line level workers. The ones doing all the work. Say what you will about the company, but they passed along money most executives would simply keep for themselves. Hard to find a negative in that scenario.

True but they forgot about the field technicians. But technically speaking we don't work for Stellantis, just work on their vehicles.

You work for the dealership franchisee.

Maybe ask them?

I don't think they are hurting.

Our boy used to be the IT guy at a local ford dealership.

They were transitioning from "the father" being the franchisee to "the son".

He said it was nothing for "junior" the son, to take a small group to the next big city over and blow thousands of dollars on food and "beverage", on a weekly basis.

...and the father's wife would come in and demand things, including things that caused people to drop what they were doing and go out and spend LOTS of "company" money.

Several former "household name" brand names have been bought by holding companies to market cheap, Chinese goods to us nostalgia hungry American consumers.

Sometimes for marginally related or totally unrelated products with respect to what those names were known for.

One thing Daimler did right was bring back the 3500 series and heavier commercial truck market.

Prior to the early 2000's, I never saw any Dodge tow trucks, roll backs, or even service body trucks.

...and they are still competitive in those market segments, and may have the sprinter to thank for the FCA version that came after.
Interesting that gm doesn't really have an entry in this "big, tall, ugly van" market like Stelantis, m-b, nissan, and ford do.

The Sterling debacle, however is very sad. I'm not big on "badge engineering" but it was furthering the mid and heavy commercial market share cause.
I would have loved to have seen the now apparently gone forever, former ford "Louisville" line move forward as the "heavy Ram" line with Dodge and Cummins power.
I heard that was because of all of the transmission issues and rear ends not holding up.

I heard that was because of all of the transmission issues and rear ends not holding up.

All manufacturers had trouble building an automatic transmission that lasted more then 40,000 miles during the mid 1990's through the mid 2000's.

-
Back