stereo in glove box

-

slantscamp

Reaction score
well i thought i would show off my stereo project. it took me about a week of working on it between work and school. but i think it turned out pretty nice. anyone else have their stereo hidden anywhere? oh yeah i can also hook up my ipod to it which fits in my glovebox, and im working on getting my sattelite radio hiddin under the dash so it doesnt stand out too much.

P1150378.JPG

P1200389.JPG

P1200392.JPG

P1200395.JPG

good idea, i didnt think much of this since my dash is already cut but i could put guages in the radio slot then mount the cd player in the glove box, nice progress pics

I was thinking of doing the same thing since I have a extra glove box liner from my parts car. I was going to put in a cheap Sony or Kenwood that has the iPod jack/port. I don't use CDs anymore. Excellent job. Very Clean. I'm trying to figure out a little iPod holder for my Nano that will look trick. Might attach to my cigarette tray.

for power to my new radio i just spliced into the power for the stock radio . i ran a new ground to the battery to make sure i had a good ground. and i spliced into the cigarette lighter for my constant hot. so that my preset stations dont get erased when i turn off the car. you dont have to do it this way. it was just easy because i figured i wouldnt be using the stock stereo. and if i had to it could all be put back to stock.

Very nice, may I borrow your idea? I have been thinking of ways to accomplish this mod for a while and yours beats the heck out of what I could come up with!
Bob

gerty said:
Very nice, may I borrow your idea? I have been thinking of ways to accomplish this mod for a while and yours beats the heck out of what I could come up with!
Bob

This mod has been done for years.

Nice job on it. Clean looking.

Looking at these pics again seem like this glove box liner is plastic. If so it would give better support for the cd player than my cardboard liner. Actually all the a bodies I've owned had cardboard liners. Which years or models came with the plastic liners? I need to find one I suppose.
Bob

gerty said:
Looking at these pics again seem like this glove box liner is plastic. If so it would give better support for the cd player than my cardboard liner. Actually all the a bodies I've owned had cardboard liners. Which years or models came with the plastic liners? I need to find one I suppose.
Bob

Sure enough it is plastic. I wonder if mine is plastic or cardboard I hadn't noticed. But you can always fab up some sheet metal to make a support in either case.

I know the 74's came with a plastic liner. My 72 is the cardboard type.

That looks one hell of a lot better than my under the dash pics.

Jack

yeah, im running a stock antenna. my glovebox is plastic. and i made sure to make everything a tight fit so it doesnt rattle around or anything. the only thing that was a problem was there is a brace behind the glove box. thats why i had to put the radio all the way to the left. but it works out because now i have the little area to the side for my ipod.

P1200391.JPG

-
Back