Stereo install

-
Well Brian, if you are mounting them with backs facing into the trunk, you can always put an ABS plastic enclosure on the back of the speaker. This keeps the air somewhat contained and forces the bass audio forward rather than letting it get absorbed in the trunk. They are not nearly as good as actually enslosing them, but it is a big improvement. Before the box install, the speakers were in the rear panel, and they had absolutely ZERO bass. Now, even without the sub I have a much richer sound.

These ones are foam:

h237xt92p.jpg

another thing you can do in accordance with what super had mentioned about the abs enclosure is to get some sound deadening material and line the underside of the package tray as well as the abs enclosures. this will help with condensing the sound down so that its channeled out only through the speaker and not out the trunk, through the abs, or the package tray itself.

My package tray IS completely covered with sound deadening material.

I have seen those foam enclosures on Crutchfield.com and thought they would be a good idea to keep crap off the back of the speakers. Didn't know they would help with the bottom end response. They are a fairly cheap investment if I remember correctly.

-
Back