Steve Magnante

-
I bought "Project Feather Duster" 10 second Street car from Hot Rpd
that was his pedrsonally built car 20 years a ago. It is still running and in the shop now and
still running low 10s. I sure wish I could find copies of any of the 12 articles
on it. he promised me copies of the articles but never replied to my requests
( I know how busy he is ).

that was his pedrsonally built car 20 years a ago. It is still running and in the shop now and
still running low 10s. I sure wish I could find copies of any of the 12 articles
Now you just can’t expect to get by with saying something like “THAT!”
I know you’re really busy, too, but pretty I’m sure that I’m not the only one who would like to see you start a thread showing us that…

Steve's a nutball, but he's pretty cool! lol
He is a cool dude! He has been to the plant several times!

imagej.peg_0 (1).jpg

I’ve talked to Steve a bunch of times over the years, he’s cool. He has encyclopedic knowledge of altered wheelbase/match race madness stuff and nails the details on those models. I mean, he did write a book on AWB cars... His Wilshire Shaker Nova was the real deal. I saw him make passes with it in person before he sold it.

We need a thread on that car immediately. I mean, what are you waiting for? I got lots of ideas for my car from those articles.

Feather Duster Part 1

I would really love to have all the articles on my car = does any of you know how
to find them.

If you guys are interested = I will do a post on it after we finish racing next month
at Vegas Nationals and I recover from my last bad fall that occurred this week.

My son has won multiple Track Championships @ LVMS with that car.
It has the same engine and transmission after all the time we have owned it
without either being apart and hundreds of runs down the track (Plus Street Racing)
and still runs absolutely perfect and leaks down like a new engine.

Just google “Steve Magnante Duster” or similar and see what comes up. When you find a link, bookmark it so you can go back to it. You can do this easily enough.

In all honesty the ones I’ve posted are the only two that I’ve found. Does not mean there aren’t more out there but it is old stuff so you may not find much else. There were only a few articles about the car anyway.

Here’s another one when he put a trans brake in it.

Duster transbrake article

I would really love to have all the articles on my car = does any of you know how
to find them.

Motor Trend has put (I think) every issue of Hot Rod online in their app. I don't know if all the articles are all there but I found the first one already. 70(?) years of magazines for a couple of bucks a month is a pretty good deal in my mind.

I also have most of those years of Hot Rod still in my closet. So I might be able to scan them for you as well if you had a list of the month and year you needed. No promises, but I could try.

-
Back