Steve Magnante has been MIA for awhile....here is why:

-

Kern Dog

Build your car to handle.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score

Not just a Mopar guy, though these are his favorite cars.
I've read his stuff for years and watched many of his videos. I hope he gets well soon.

I like him, too.

Seems to be a pragmatic guy rather than a lot of hype (other than reiterating the factory hype surrounding the cars).

He's pretty cool. Quirky and smartass like the rest of us. I like him. I wish him well.

One of Steve's friends has made an appeal to us fellow car enthusiasts to help Steve by clicking on and watching his Youtube videos. That's his source of income. I don't mind because I already enjoy watching his Junkyard Crawl. Hospital bills must be $$$$$$$$$ by now.

A guy with that much intellect, having a brain disease. Seems ironic in a morbid way. I wish him well. I respect the hell out of him. One of the very few "car guys" that really love and appreciate mopars like we do. So sick of seeing all these know it alls on TV, turn their nose's up at a Mopar. They could tell you every bolt and thread pitch GM ever used, but god forbid it is something about a Chrysler product. They are still a great part of our country's history.

Him and I go way back to the mid 90's. We both drag raced Slant's at the time.
He did a article on my Duster around 2000 for Mopar Muscle. Always had to say hi at Barrett Jackson when I would see him. Great Guy wishing all the best for a fast recovery.

Hits a little close to home here, as the owner of the car I'm working on (Barry, aka: Bazza) has a brain infection as well. Some scary ****.

Thankfully Bazza just got out of the hospital, so here's hoping Steve Magnante can get through this as well.

Sending some positive waves your way, Steve! You got this!

I think he has encephalitis, scary stuff, I read up on it this morning and two of the common causes are bites from mosquitoes and ticks, something commonly run across in a field or junkyard. I wish him well and have been an avid watcher of his YouTube channel.

IMG_3650.png

Yep, heard about this this morning, prayers will continue from here on the hill for strength and healing, he is a treasure and remarkable how well he retains all that information on Barrett Jackson and junk yard crawl.
Think I talked to him on the phone about Victoria when mopar action did a write up.
Stay strong, prayers daily

He always reminds me of a master tech in the old Chrysler training videos. So full of knowledge, and easy to understand. I pray he pulls through.

-
Back