Still Fustrated!!

-

69signetv8

Reaction score
Hi guys, last year (May 07) I had upgraded my 727 with the Transgo Shift kit, however I had upshifting problems both through manual shifting and auto. :angry7: Some may remember my problem (link below please read). Anyways...I didn't fix the problem last year being "trans fustrated" until I took the car out today. The problem seems to be "more" servere and is even shifting later then before (WTF). She won't upshift until 2700 1-2 and 3800 2-3. (Cars just screaming to shift and I feel like a fool) When it does shift..its very hard and clean. (Can't drive like 40MPH staying in 1st) I was giving some direction about kickdown etc and tried just about everything that comes to mind. Also today I picked up another Valve body 904 (should work)and agian going over the Transgo book to start all over again.:angry7: HOWEVER please, before I start dropping the pan... if anyone has any other ideas or suggestions I'm sure open for help here!

PS Had "no" problems before installing TF-2

BTW - I'm hoping my 2500 stall isn't screwing things up? also it has 3:91 and the tires are 26"

Thanks for any thoughts guys!

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=23753&highlight=transgo

Well, looks like there's no more bites other then what I already had. So I decided to pull and have the valve body out now. I sure hope it is a valve body problem now that it is out and not that there's a higher stall or that it would cause the problem. I think all I can do is rip it apart and rebuild with the 904 body....and hope for the best. :munky2:
Thanks guys.

I hope the best fore you Jimmy boy.:happy10:
But I can say I had a trans rebuilt years ago and it did the same thing so I tryed to re adjust the kick down and did not want to shift until I hit a high rpm like yours so the builder did drop the valve body out and chanced some springs and cleaned it
I could not wait to drive it and she shifted great after, It sure was a good feeling. I hope your will do the same :rock:

Well...I "think" I found the problem :cheers: (it was me in earlier adjustments). Would like some conformation on what you think before I put it in.

:read2: I found that my adjustments for the pressure regulator valve was set at 1 9/32 which states it's for TF-1 with the "original" spring... or TF-2, with new "blue" spring 6 turns back would be for race cars only. I was suppose to use the new blue spring "but" ensure that the spring seat was in contact with the regulator retainer. (No pressure on the regulator spring)

So basiclly I had it set at 1 9/32" with the blue spring! (race only)

Now I just hope the 904 body works with the TF-2 mods.....Oh boy ](*,)

Good to hear that you got that figured out. I always save all instructions for all parts in a dedicated file cabinet and it appears you did too. :)

-
Back