stinger(aar)fiberglass six pack hood 67 dart

-

Fabbr

Reaction score
I recieved my fiberglass six pack hood today from stinger, they say they are the parent company of aar? Well after reviewing a lot of posts and doing the best research i could i gave them a shot. The hood is nicer than i expected. I was in the autobody field for 15 years and had to change careers due to greedy insurance companies lol. I had over the years talked to numerous customers claiming that the fiberglass hood/air dam/bumper cover etc was the best out there and needed no work. I never saw a true no work needed part. Frankly they always needed a ton of work. My brother ordered a hood with functional ram air for his dodge pickup and paid top dollar for it, he brought it to the shop i worked at. When i test fit it on his truck i couldnt believe it. I ended up building a fixture to attach to our frame rack to simulate his hood mounting points, bolted it down and had to twist it past the breaking point, more test fitting and then reglass/rebuild. Naturally im skeptical of fiberglass parts and manufacturer claims. The fiberglass hood i recieved from stinger fits as good as my factory hood and literally needs a scuff to paint (minus small and few solvent pops in the gel coat) if any of you are looking for a quality fiberglass hood this is the company to go with. It was shipped from florida to south dakota and was packaged very well. 600$ plus shipping and just over 3 weeks from when i ordered it to arrival.:thumleft:

I installed my hood using springs off of a 98 jeep grand cherokee, the tension is perfect. I was hoping for it to be a little on the weak side and it is. If a hard gust of wind hit it while up, it would easily move it. It has very little tension on it closed and will help it last a long time...just my 2 cents.

I have a US Body hood for my barracuda - it is a real POS. Bought a AAR (Stinger) 6P hood for the demon along with a valance and front bumper - workmanship is terrific. Have not fitted the hood yet so cannot comment on the fit.

No fiberglass parts I tried to use would line up. They all required more work than the steel oem parts. I've tried fiberglass fenders, from US, a GTS hood from AAR, none would fit correctly. Consider fiberglass a race piece or the fit concessions they bring and work required to make them fit.

G-body Daytona springs will work also.

-
Back