Stock 400 Piston Boost

-
I'm glad to see your wanting to run a MSD 6 BTM, too. You won't need the water meth injection like the locked timing setup. And a set of forged pistons and a forged crank is also an excellent idea (the cast crank could stand it at this level but might require Mallory metal for balance with forgings). Some eBay special old school TRW/Sealed Power/Speed pro pistons may be like slinging boat anchors around off the crank, but I've seen TRW forgings live at 9.5:1 in a SBC 350 with 8 pounds if boost. They saw quite a bit of detonation during the learning curve on that engine and never had a problem.

Last edited:
I'm glad to see your wanting to run a MSD 6 BTM, too. You won't need the water meth injection like the locked timing setup. And a set of forged pistons and a forged crank is also an excellent idea (the cast crank could stand it at this level but might require Mallory metal for balance with forgings). Some eBay special old school TRW/Sealed Power/Speed pro pistons may be like slinging boat anchors around off the crank, but I've seen TRW forgings live at 9.5:1 in a SBC 350 with 8 pounds if boost. They seen quite a bit of detonation during the learning curve on that engine and never had a problem.

I said maybe on the forged stuff. It's gonna have to all come together "just right". It has so far. We'll see what happens.

Yeah. I've been reading about it. That's how I'll go if this actually materializes. It's expensive, but it's one piece in one unit. This will probably all be a pipe dream anyway.
Next to a good blow through tunable carb the 6btm is the only other expensive piece of the puzzle you really need. Well and a turbo. When you get ready to size a turbo I’ll share some good links to the sizing calculator.

Next to a good blow through tunable carb the 6btm is the only other expensive piece of the puzzle you really need. Well and a turbo. When you get ready to size a turbo I’ll share some good links to the sizing calculator.

I'm gonna use a new style turbo. They're called a 6-71.

****. I knew that. Sorry. Jpar got me all mixed up.

He's good at that. Like I said though, this is all probably just dreamin. A LOT of stuff is gonna have to happen for it to pan out.....but I'm optimistic.

I just need a 6A l, and I just need a 671 Roots blower, and I just need the manifold, and I just need the carburetor, and a ping pong paddle, and this thermos,...
Screenshot_20201113-231158.png

Im following this i want to do something similar with a budget 318 i have. I was originally thinking turbo but the more I see the superchargers the more I want one. I just don't know If I can afford one.

-
Back