Stock air cleaner base and Holley carbs

-

Mopar92

Reaction score
I just noticed both my Holley XP and my QuickFuel 650’s make contact at the float adjustment screw/lock nut. This is a bummer. I really wanted to use this 72’ 340 air cleaner on this car. I like the stock look of it. Is there a work around to this? Other that weld a band of metal on the base.

What's your air filter diameter? Could you use a drop down base possibly with a taller filter to bring the air cleaner top up for clearance?

You dont have to weld. lol just find the correct diameter pipe, and cut a 1/2" thick ring off instant air cleaner spacer. Need a longer carb std thats it. I have had to do that in the past.

What's your air filter diameter? Could you use a drop down base possibly with a taller filter to bring the air cleaner top up for clearance?

I’m trying to keep the stockish look. I have a drop base that clears the float adjusters if I need to.

Summit sells an aluminum ring that raises a stock air cleaner up.
They vary in thickness.

Years ago I bought a holley carb and it came with a plastic spacer. Im sure they still make them.

I’m trying to keep the stockish look. I have a drop base that clears the float adjusters if I need to.
I should have been more clear, use the drop base with the stock top. The spacer seems like a easier fix though.

-
Back