Stock block limits on a 340 with nitrous?

-

bignick

Reaction score
As the title says how many of you have sprayed motors with a well build stock block. I have a 420" 340 based internally ballanced small block. It has a 4340 BPE crank with bcr steel caps and the block is filled. Im guessing the motor makes around 550-575hp on motor. What combo's have you sprayed on a stock block?

If it's filled and you have the 2 bolt steel caps you should be good past 700. I know of a couple non-filled that push past 650 on spray. A lot depends on the quality of machining on everything and keeping the tune dead on. Rich is almost as bad as lean. So honestly it's very subjective & it will either hold, or crack. Run it and tell us what happens.

So if I stay at 150 or less I should be safe. Im gonna keep ramping it up slowly and see what happens. But I'd still like to hear what others have done.

Watch the tune, but the block itself will be fine. The hard block really changes the game. So unless it gets too hot, or pushes the gasket out, you should be fine.

I sprayed 175 shot for 2 years,stock block, heads,not filled,stock caps. Short block still in garage in one piece. 340.

you could spray in on a progressive controller which would take the edge off the initial hit, if i ever spray mine again thats what i am planning , makin right on 600 na right now so i think were both getting on the edge:D

Is that a 340 your spraying 175 to? Or is a stroked 340 making 500-600hp? I know a stock stroke 340 will live with lots of spray.

When it scatters parts all over the track, you know you've reached the limit.

-
Back