stock car, nascar, 67 dodge dart 15x8 front wheels

-

I was a lost boy

Reaction score
I have a 67 dodge dart with 15x8 and 240/60/15 in the rear and 14x6 205/70/14 in the front, no rubbing issues but I'm trying to go with a more aggressive stance and driving and wanted to see if any of the members of this forum has ever tried running a 15x8 with 4.25 backspace with maybe a 215/60/15 tire up front.

I’ve run 15x6 with 4” backspace with 245/60/15 in the front of my 68 Dart

Without mods, it will rub bottom front fender corner.

You have to really push out the bottom of front fenders. You can do that with redrilling the fender support rod at the bottom of front fender. You drill the hole 3” or so forward and it will push out the bottom of fender.

I’ve run 15x6 with 4” backspace with 245/60/15 in the front of my 68 Dart

Without mods, it will rub bottom front fender corner.

You have to really push out the bottom of front fenders. You can do that with redrilling the fender support rod at the bottom of front fender. You drill the hole 3” or so forward and it will push out the bottom of fender.
How can you run a 245 on a 6 inch rim? I thought 205 is the maximum size recommended to run on a 6 inch rim? I do like the idea of pulling out the fender a little with the brackets.

On my 74 I run 15x7 with 4" backspace for all four corners and 255/60R15

I did have to push the bottom of the front fenders out and roll the fender lips.

I have 215/60X15's on 6.5 inch rims with 4.25 backspacing on the front of the cuda, and everything clears.

How can you run a 245 on a 6 inch rim? I thought 205 is the maximum size recommended to run on a 6 inch rim? I do like the idea of pulling out the fender a little with the brackets.

I’m sorry, they are 6 1/2” wide. It’s not bad.

You could do this with a more common 15x7 4.25” backspacing rim.

This is what I did. The hole at the back is factory

68dartftfendermodsm-jpg-122594-jpg.jpg

68dartfttireclearancesm-jpg-122595-jpg.jpg

15" Rally Wheels unknown back spacing or width, 235/60's up front, 245/60's for the rear, car rides and handles great.

Thank you all for the advice. I have looked all over the internet and researched before spending the money on a set of wheels I might not use, but I feel comfortable buying a set of 15x8 with 4.5 backspacing and running 215/60/15 on the front with pushing out the front fender (advice from autoxcuda). I'll post pics of my progress.

Thank you all for the advice. I have looked all over the internet and researched before spending the money on a set of wheels I might not use, but I feel comfortable buying a set of 15x8 with 4.5 backspacing and running 215/60/15 on the front with pushing out the front fender (advice from autoxcuda). I'll post pics of my progress.

That width of tire only need a 7” wide rim. The width may push the outer tire edge out so your need to push fender out.

But with a 8” wide you could grow into wider tires

-
Back