stock pump return line help

-

abodyhotrod

Reaction score
prob on maiden voyage i started cruisin and 10 min later my brand new holley carb starts blowing gas past the seats out the top of the carb. i am running with no return line, can that cause it when it gets hot. the fuel filter is that p.o.s. glass one that i will not use much longer but the gas seems clean so no dirt stuck on the seats. anybody know if the stock fuel pump requires a return line i heard that they do have a blow by in the pump itself but causes it to heat up the gas and vaporize it.

i planned on waiting for it to cool off but that didnt work it still blew right out the top. can anybody recomend a good 3 way filter for the return line.

sounds like crap in the seats, maybe even from manufacturing.... i have seen some real big pieces even , once a spiral chip from a drill bit. you never know...

Yep, take the bowls off, check float level and check the needle and seats.

calling holley later today. my eddelbrock and carter and mighty demon all work on this car but my brand new holley failed me.

A stock pump shouldnt have that much pressure. I would pull the carb apart and clean it out. If you still have the problem put a pressure gauge on it before the carb.

Replace that glass filter with a metal one asap. The glass can brake.

seems to me the quality @ holley went south. i`ve been using their stuff since the late 60`s, (yup, that`s a long time ago!) sorry to say, i`m hearing a lot of negative toward their products.

-
Back