stock rallye wheels small bolt pattern big bolt patter 5x4.5?

-

Chryslerkid

Reaction score
hi,

I am looking to buy some used rally wheels that are 14" diameter but more importantly i am told they are 5 on 4.5". I have a stock 1971 dodge dart with from disc brakes rear drums. all stock....will the wheels fit my car? thanks guys! i think i am measuring correctly but its still difficult to tell exactly how big the spacing between lug nuts are.

If you have original brakes on your car the pattern is 5 on 4. The a body didn't come out with 4.5 until 1973 and then it was on disc brake cars only.

very weird....maybe i am mistaken about the stock brakes then. i do have front disc brakes but i could've sworn that when i went outside and measured my lug nut spacing it was 4.5" hmmm I'm confused. anyways the reason i am in a rush to figure this out is bc i am looking to drive up to buy some wheels todays from a private seller. i will just bring a jack and see if it fits on my car right on the spot. just wish i knew if this will be a waste of a drive up there haha

very helpful thank you for that i was measuring from th center of one to the center of the other lug nut

very weird....maybe i am mistaken about the stock brakes then. i do have front disc brakes but i could've sworn that when i went outside and measured my lug nut spacing it was 4.5" hmmm I'm confused. anyways the reason i am in a rush to figure this out is bc i am looking to drive up to buy some wheels todays from a private seller. i will just bring a jack and see if it fits on my car right on the spot. just wish i knew if this will be a waste of a drive up there haha

Got a camera? Take a picture of the back side of your calipers. It will be easy to tell if you have small bolt pattern.

just measured again...it seems to be 4.5". ill try to take a pic of the calipers

sorry for the poor quality was holding my phone upside down while lying on my back

i see. funny bc i still have a dinky little 7 1/4 rear end haha. thats why i thought i still had a small bolt pattern, but both the front and the rear appear to measure 4.5" thanks for all the help sir i greatly appreciate it!

This is what the back side of the small bolt caliper looks like.

DSCF2692.jpg

thats a 73-up set up so its big bolt (5 on 4.5)

check the rear. could be a big bolt 7 1/4 that was swapped in at the same time as the front disc. or you just have two different bolt patterns which is good to know incase of a flat..

i see. funny bc i still have a dinky little 7 1/4 rear end haha. thats why i thought i still had a small bolt pattern, but both the front and the rear appear to measure 4.5" thanks for all the help sir i greatly appreciate it!

Glad to help.

The 7 1/4 is very common even after the bolt pattern change. I have found 99% of the cars that I have junked were 7 1/4s.

-
Back