stock rods?

-

Robbie2734

Lambcharger
Reaction score
I've been scrounging parts for a 360 for a year now. I'm using KB 107's and a mild roller cam. My question is, should I use Eagle rods or buy a set of rebuilt stock ones. It's about a 50.00 difference. The motor won't be spun faster then 5500 and it will be balanced. The rear is a 3:23 and the car is my 67 cuda. It will have the OD 833. What do you guys think?

i prefer stock myself. i have never had a problem with them that i didn' bring on myself. over rev, under lube, you know, dumb s&#t.

I would go with the Eagles. I'm sure they would be lighter and probably stronger than old stockers.

Well, I would use the stock ones only if money is an issue. And you wont be doing any "dumb sh243t" Otherwise I would use the eagle ones to be sure that you wont have any problems down the road.

if you got money for the eagle 5140 I beams....look at the scat 4340 I beams instead....

Scat I-beams are very nice and quite a bit lighter then stock rods. Lighter means less stress on the crank and mains and quicker revs.

ScatRod.jpg

-
Back