stock x heads

-

teringer

Reaction score
another how much hp will the 894 head make stock with 11/32 valves being the only mod with a raceing valve job on a stroked 416 with 9.5 compression and voodoo hyd .513/.527 cam with a eddy 340 single plane intake and 1 5/8 header ? is 410 hp possible? with a 750 quick fuel carb

Torker 340? Throw it in the trash... JMO. Worst intake ever made for a SB Mopar!

probably yes, but I would not say no problem. what is the cam durations? a little more than 9.5:1 would help. stock X heads flow about 200 cfm, the 11/32" valves help a little. 410 horse needs head intake flow of 205, per Air Flow Research

stock heads stall about at about .480 lift but will support 400hp,i know a couple of 408's with stock heads that are about 375hp.
..remember dyno numbers usually don't have a fan,alternator,water pump,fuel pump etc and that can can be 30 hp or so and if the dyno reads 10% high there's another 40...never mind
HP numbers just build with components that compliment each other.
..don't be too hard on that old Torker..some combinations like them...especially short duration cam builds that have pretty good lo end torque.

Wait! you have a stroked 416? what did you stroke it to?
Did it purr like a kitty when you stroked it?
Or fall asleep like an alligator?
Was it a gentle stroke,like a man caresses his wife?
Or was it the kind of stroke that puts a bad son on his azz?
That's all I got.
OOps, almost forgot; lol

-
Back