Stolen M code Dart

-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
969 440 Dart and it was stolen in transit in Woodstock Ontario yesterday morning.
The transporter had stop at a motel for the night and in the morning the truck, enclosed trailer and of course the Dart were all gone!

They recovered the truck and trailer on the Indian Reservation just south of Brantford Ontario.

The VIN is LS23M9B357870

http://www.xvmotorsports.com/sale/index_details.cfm?cat=Unmodified&id=5

5_large_1.jpg

My eyes are open.:tongue9:
That dart could be on a plain and on its way to Memphis Tn.
I hope it was insured !! That car is worth allot of money.

Round up a posse, bring some rope, lets go get old girl back.
I've been watching to much Lonesome Dove.

I do hope they find the car and skin out then hang the thieves.
We'll keep an eye out south of the border.

Can you say "Inside Job?" Sounds like the thieves knew EXACTLY what was inside the trailer.

I agree. I think someone knew what was in that trailer. That is a beautiful car, would love to see it get recovered, and the crooks get thrown in jail.

Wow, I hope it gets returned without getting phucked up. Too rare of a beast for this crap. I wonder how the people think they will fence the 440 Dart parts without getting people suspicious.

That car is most likely overseas by now. It would be near impossible to sell it in North America.

I also agree that they got a tip from someone.

Chuck

Wow, I hope it gets returned without getting phucked up. Too rare of a beast for this crap. I wonder how the people think they will fence the 440 Dart parts without getting people suspicious.

I thought that too. What are the thieves going to do with it now? Seems kind of stupid to steal such a rare and high visibility item?

I agree with 340mopar, That car is in a container headed for the Middle East. Some so-called prince wanted one for a toy.

Jack

I am guessing that the whole "dump the trailer on an indian reservation" was a ploy by the thieves to throw of investigation. Eh?

I think I`ve found it........on the stand by the T.V.?

Those damn thieves really did a number on the paint.

Seriously: I hope they find the car and those responsible before it either leaves the country or gets stripped down. The odds aren't good unless they are your typical "dumb-***" thieves. Yes, it could be an inside job but it could also be some lucky garden variety thieves that came a cross an enclosed car hauler and boosted it to see what was inside.

Wow! That's close to home for me, Woodstock is a 20 min. drive, and Brantford is 20 min. in the other direction.

Sorry for your loss. I live east of there in N.B, will keep eyes and ears open.
Good Luck.....

THAT SUCKS :angry4: to have your prized Mopar ENTRUSTED to a transporter and then to have it stolen. I'm not saying it's the transporters fault, sh#t happens. Does the owner have any recourse?

My condolences to the owner.

Why an “Indian reservation”?
Strikes me as strange.
I know that they are some legalities involved trying to investigate a crime on American reservations from watching these on PBS.
Maybe it was just close by. Maybe something more sinister.
Strikes me as curious.
They used to hang horse thieves.
I think it would be appropriate in this case too.
It is personal on a car like this.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/series/88984?ie=UTF8&edition=dvd

I would guess that the transporting company has ample insurance to cover most everything it would carry but I`m sure the insurance company will do an extensive investigation into the theft before paying out a cent.

Thanks for posting this here!!!

I just got this email from 3:33pm:

Hi there-we just got off the phone-guess what??? They found the car. Some lady from the reserve phoned it in- I guess for the reward $. We really appreciate your help. Kevin is to go as soon as the police release it.
Thanks again. Talk to you soon.

Seems like there might be a happy ending after all.
It was pretty strange that the truck and the trailer were recovered shortly after the theft but the car was gone. As mentioned usually the prize is the truck and trailer not the 40 year old car.
Anyway I will keep you guys in the loop on the latest happenings.
There was a $5k reward posted in a couple of the local newspapers so I guess that paid a big role in the recovery :think:

Dave

-
Back