Stolen72 Demon, Spokane Area

-
I think tomorrow I'm gonna take some time and improve my security measures. If nothing else, a hell of a big chain and padlock through one rear wheel LOL>

Thanks all - That 1972 Dodge Demon is MY car - stolen one week ago today. I raced it at Spokane County Raceway since purchase in 2001. I don't think I'll sleep well again until those bums are found or my car is found. Not knowing what the condition of the car haunts me every day. Thanks for your support - Bud Merritt 509-484-2184

P.S. Please do all you can do to secure your vehicle.

Second old Dodge stolen in that area...No, I have not seen this one posted..I would kill some one if they stole my GTX or Roadrunner.
:violent1:

I heard about this one on the local news. I feel bad for the guy. I think he had it parked outside in an alley at the time with the back end facing the street. I'm not sure if the '72 has a locking steering wheel or not, but it seems like it would have been easy enough to just lift the back end off the ground and tow it away somewhere.

About this being the second old Dodge stolen in the area, what was the first?

Thanks all - That 1972 Dodge Demon is MY car - stolen one week ago today. I raced it at Spokane County Raceway since purchase in 2001. I don't think I'll sleep well again until those bums are found or my car is found. Not knowing what the condition of the car haunts me every day. Thanks for your support - Bud Merritt 509-484-2184

Welcome aboard. Is there anything, photos, you can post that might help ID it or parts of it? Any leads? Maybe someone you "know?"

Welcome to the FABO family!!!!

We have meny members in that area as well as Canada so the more details you can offer the better the chances of someone seeing something that will lead back to the car.

UPDATE - a car closely matching the description of my car has been seen in the city of Coeur D Alene Idaho. Black vinyl top - slotted mag wheels - very loud exhaust - now in described as a bad paint job of primer gray. Seen within the last four days.

UPDATE - a car closely matching the description of my car has been seen in the city of Coeur D Alene Idaho. Black vinyl top - slotted mag wheels - very loud exhaust - now in described as a bad paint job of primer gray. Seen within the last four days.

I'm in CDA. If you can give me any more details, I might be on the lookout. What part of town? etc. Del

You have the VIN. How can we ID it if we see it?

Yeah. I haven't seen one around, but I can keep on the lookout. Since I've owned a few Demons here, some people like telling me about Demons they see,e tc. Any idea where it was seen?

No sitings since last weekend - Last 4 VIN 1050 - A car very similar seen in the CDA Idaho area - Kathleen and Ramsey - Kathleen and I90 - 12th and Sherman. $1000 reward for the return or tip that leads to the return of the car. Thanks for all the support!

hope you dont mind Bud but I did alittle snooping around online and found this...maybe its enough info to go by

Bud Merritt's 1972 Dodge (Root Beer) Demon

Racing_RB_Demon.jpg

In 2001 I saw an add in the newspaper for a 1972 Dodge Demon for sale. The car was parked in a warehouse near Gentle Touch car wash. It was Saturday and the warehouse was locked. I peeked into a window and saw it was indeed a 1972 Dark Brown Poly Dodge Demon with Black vinyl top. I returned on Monday and took it for a drive. The body was rustfree except for surface rust in the trunk. It was a 318 v-8 with a 904 automatic transmission. It ran like crap – carburetor problems – which worked in my favor, because it kept dying. I think the seller was embarrassed and just wanted to sell quickly. We agreed on a price (a steal). I think the seller didn’t see the diamond in the rough that I did. I rebuilt the carb and the car ran great. I have the original owner’s paperwork and car build sheet. I am the second owner of the car.
I have added the side, rear and hood stripes, the rear Go Wing and Snorkel hood scoop.

The 318 (which still ran great) was replaced by a 360 small block race engine (460hp) (Dyno) built by Ed Nereaux Race Engines. This car has been bracket raced since 2001 and has gone from 17 seconds (318 2barrel) to mid 13 seconds this year.

This Info is from my description in the Lilac City Mopars Members rides section. There is a $1000 reward for the return of my car! Bud

did u here about the 67 440 cuda that stolen on the first of this month? hey they found it today. hope your car is next they find.

Update: Car is still MIA. No tips - the car is hidden away or parted out. I will always be looking! Bud

Is there any way to put some sort of alert into Interpol?

Just an FYI, but Bud (browndemon360) passed away a little over a week ago. He never did get his Demon back. It's not like life isn't worth living because the car was gone, not saying his Demon was the end all for him, just an update.

Obituary

Just an FYI, but Bud (browndemon360) passed away a little over a week ago. He never did get his Demon back. It's not like life isn't worth living because the car was gone, not saying his Demon was the end all for him, just an update.

Obituary

Thanks for letting us know.

Rest in peace Bud.

What an awful thread! Hopefully they had his car waiting for him where ever he ended up. I'm sure they don't call it a demon up there though.

RIP

-
Back