stompers anybody still have

-

69DARTS

69 Darts Rule
Reaction score
do u guys still or recall the stompers

Picture 075.jpg

r those the lil bit bigger matchbox cars that u push down then let go and they take off? lol i had a jeep one and tore the jeep off and put a del sol body on lol. each wheel was longer then the whole body lol. it was sweet:)

I've got a few in the basement still. I had the old 70's Dodge Power Wagon, Jeep Scrambler, Blazer, Bronco and a big wheeled tank. All these were motorized. I also have a Rampage that is smaller and not powered.

I used to have a bunch of those when I was a lot younger. I think my dad and sister threw all my old stuff in the dumpster after I asked them not to when they cleaned out the basement. I at least wanted the opportunity to sell all my old toys, but too late now. I used to have the pulling set with the trailer that had the weight box that moved forward as the trucks pulled it. Thanks for posting; I had forgotten about all the fun I used to have with those.

I Loved them! I wish I still had the ones I had as a kid. I used to switch the tires around, make duallys, etc. I also had the tractor pull edition.

What cool memories.

Thanks,
OldMoparsRule!

I actually have several. I have a Dodge with the working winch and everything. I had a whole bunch as a kid.

well if any are for sale let me knoe just the dodge ones

Man, that funny you posted this, I Had a bunch too when I was younger, a bunch of us around the neighborhood had em, we would get together and pull aganst each other. Good times right there. I just bought the pull set off ebay, to replace mine which was tossed out years ago. Thats the best thing about ebay, you can go back and by all the stuff of your youth! LOL

If you hook them up to a 9 volt battery they go like hell.

I used to gather extra tires (the crappy foam ones) and pin a bunch of them together to form a super-tire for ultimate traction on shag carpet. There was some weird little camera battery that would kinda fit into the compartment (with a chunk of whatever tubing I could find to make up the length difference) and run the thing at 6 volts, as I recall.

Ahhh... simpler times.

I have semi tires on my pull truck. I sold my pull set on ebay a few years ago. I wish i wouldnt have. I had lots of cool trucks. I will see what I have Eddie. I think I have a few dodge trucks. I don't want to sell the one with the winch though.

I have semi tires on my pull truck. I sold my pull set on ebay a few years ago. I wish i wouldnt have. I had lots of cool trucks. I will see what I have Eddie. I think I have a few dodge trucks. I don't want to sell the one with the winch though.
that will work thank u

I used to gather extra tires (the crappy foam ones) and pin a bunch of them together to form a super-tire for ultimate traction on shag carpet. There was some weird little camera battery that would kinda fit into the compartment (with a chunk of whatever tubing I could find to make up the length difference) and run the thing at 6 volts, as I recall.

Ahhh... simpler times.

I liked the foam tires over the skinny hard rubber tires. Had better traction climbing rocks. Unfortunately they did spin on the wheel and had to be glued. Built the Nissan hardbody p/u with 3 wheels at each corner and clay and bb's as ballast to try and get a good hill climber out of it. Still got it somewhere.
I gues I'm going have dig out them out from storage now. Only have the black Dodge stepside out sitting with my JL Dusters.

Every kid on my street had them.
We played with those suckers all day long.

My Mom should have bought stock in AA energizer batteries as many as we went through.

oh hell yea! we used to have back to back pulls on the chalk board in school! i still have two working as well as a full truck pull setup. i am waiting for them to up in value like a hemi cuda! lol!

I am going to get all of the ones I have left out today. I will get pics. Also, Eddie. Would you be interested in a Semi and Trailer? I think I have two or three. And I feel that I owe you something. :)

man, I was in fifth grade when those things hit big. so many kids had them, we had a whole science class project based on how they worked and how to modify them. we put 9 volt batteries in them, dual motors, all kinds of mods. I'm glad my teacher thought they were cool enough to use as a teaching tool. we even built an obstacle course that went the whole length of the classroom as a testing ground LOL.
-Tim

I am going to get all of the ones I have left out today. I will get pics. Also, Eddie. Would you be interested in a Semi and Trailer? I think I have two or three. And I feel that I owe you something. :)
that will work

Well, here are the ones I found. I know that I have more somewhere. Some of them don't have motors anymore. But I think I want to build one up to make a bad little puller.
Stompers009.jpg

Stompers010.jpg

Stompers008.jpg

Stompers007.jpg

Stompers006.jpg

Stompers005.jpg
With my extra winch
Stompers003.jpg

Stompers002.jpg

Stompers001.jpg

-
Back