Stop having ANY doubts MMW is on at Indy

-

swifter

Reaction score
There are certain people in the mopar community that are trying to crush Josh King's successful Monster Mopar weekend events,Primarily the previous promoter,SO the facts are that YES Indy is on and is solidified and IS going to happen,its is NOT on the Race Track schedule yet BECAUSE it changed management hands again and Josh has talked with the new management team and the event is happening--Thanks Steve

NEVERMIND --Wrong again GEEZ--this crap with MM has to stop

just read the facebook msge that mmw will happen but definantly not at indy he,s working on another venue at this time.the new management at indy wont return any form of communication to josh.

Mopar Collectors Guide lists Monster Mopar Weeekend 2014 in St Louis at the end of Sept....Also a Mopar show in June in IN but no location other than IN.

seen that also. the st Louis show is not run by josh. I guess there is some legality issues between josh and the guy that runs the st Louis show, so hes using the mmw logo.

Spoke to a couple of the big vendors that have been there in the past and none of them believe the show will happen this year and have made other plans. Once again I want to say I want Josh to have his show and to be able to promote it as I have in the past.

I was told that Scott Seiveking will be promoting a show at Gateway this year in September just like the Monster Mopar shows he created. However it will not be called Monster Mopar Weekend. He had to wait x amount of time to promote his own show again because of a non-compete clause with Josh King. As far as Monster Mopar with Josh at Indy this year I have no idea...

LOL....I almost spit my coffee at the computer when I read this. Sorry, the situation sucks, but the title of the post followed my an immediate retraction was funny. :-D

I wish I could say I was shocked by this news, but I'm not. I feel bad for the racers that were told they would get into the next race free due to the rain out last year. Saturday was rained out, Sunday we got almost the whole race in...I made it to the final round before getting rained on and we had to split. I doubt this race will happen this year....and the Norwalk MMW is at the same time as the Division 3 ET finals in Indy, so all the good bracket racers from near by will probably be in Indy that weekend for the ET finals and not get to use their "free" entry....

knk-mopar-parts ....The show in St Louis is called Monster Mopar see your latest edition of Mopar Collectors guide.

There are certain people in the mopar community that are trying to crush Josh King's successful Monster Mopar weekend events,Primarily the previous promoter,SO the facts are that YES Indy is on and is solidified and IS going to happen,its is NOT on the Race Track schedule yet BECAUSE it changed management hands again and Josh has talked with the new management team and the event is happening--Thanks Steve

Which date are you referring to that is definately on?

Monster mopar weekend is the name Scott Seiveking (SS PROMOTIONS) created. Josh King bought the rights to MMW and the name came with it. I cannot imagine Scott being able to use that name again...but who knows at this point

Some of the large vendors are actually reffering to it as Mopar Monster, instead of Monster Mopar. Maybe that's how he is getting around that issue. I haven't spoke with Scott yet. If I do I will post something when he confirms it. Hope to see him in the next month or so.

I made a humungous mistake when I wrote this and I apologized in another thread,BUT the info I was given was from a good source,I REALLY looked forward to Indy again this year it is a great event with a lot of great members from this site and Indy is SO central and pulls people from everywhere !!!!!! If I'm not mistaken there were several trailers and car's from Canada !!!! and if it's true that the E.T. finals are the same as Norwalk WOW that will take a hit out of the fall event---Steve

The turnout at Norwalk last year was pretty good for a first year event. It is also the same weekend as Jeff Johnson's Chrysler Classic race used to be held on, and his turnout never suffered.

I still think Josh's spring event will be held, just not sure of where yet. I'll be there and at the fall event at Norwalk.

Remember, if we don't support these events, they will go away eventually.

Dennis

we payed to park it was i think $15.00 dipshit who parked us said we could just walk to that gate down there to get in we walked to the gate it was for show cars only no big deal .
we had to go to the main gate no big deal so we walked back to the car and the assshat would not give us are money back the main gate was on the other side of the track.
i felt that was a rip off .

-
Back