Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Hah!
It is off the rump "haunch" of an elk. BTW my wife shot this last one at 520 yards! Did I mention I teach long range shooting on the side? Elk meat is yummy.

Before he passed, a guy (Klause) here from State Arms in WI built a 50BMG necked down to .375. Got 5300fps. Shot an elk at 1400yds. 3" inlet hole and 14" exit hole. It destroyed the rifling so it had to be tamed down.

Last edited:
Before he passed, a guy (Klause) here from State Arms in WI built a 50BMG necked down to .375. Got 5300fps. Shot an el at 1400yds. 3" I let hole and 14" exit hole. It destroyed the rifling so it had to be tamed down.
Was that the earenschplittenloudenboomer?
Similar story...

There was one,as the story goes -projectile would break up

Last edited:
Never did get a chronograph though. I knew the velocity was goin' up cuz the point of impact would rise with the same hold :lol: or just the opposite I made some .06 gallery loads that barely made a pop let alone a BANG

Your not kidding I had to go outside to make sure we could get a fuel oil delivery for the boilers today and no more than minutes out there and I couldnt feel my face.

Yum, I've got a variety pack from the Spam museum of all 12 types they make. So far I've had the Hickory, which was fantastic. Fried it tasted like bacon. I also ate the Tocino (Philippines) which was sweet tasting and pretty damn good. I didnt fry that one, I dont think it would be good.
I wish I knew what my grandmother did to make hers so good. It’s one of several dishes I’ve tried to get right and can’t. My mother can’t either

Interesting. Ive just always had it thrown in the pan and fried.. Usually always tastes the same.
Cube the Spam and fry it in a little bit of butter. Then use lightly salted and buttered cooked rice to mix it with in the same pan like you would fried rice. It will put a carmelized coating on the rice. I also like to add a dash of Terriyaki to it to bring just a little sweetness.

I also like to add some veggies to mine like diced sweet onion and peas. Sometimes diced baby carrots too.

Cube the Spam and fry it in a little bit of butter. Then use lightly salted and buttered cooked rice to mix it with in the same pan like you would fried rice. It will put a carmelized coating on the rice. I also like to add a dash of Terriyaki to it to bring just a little sweetness.

I also like to add some veggies to mine like diced sweet onion and peas. Sometimes diced baby carrots too.

Thanks, I'll have to try that!

Thanks, I'll have to try that!
It’s even better if you add some scrambled eggs like is done with true fried rice...

3194DFC9-E0D1-4E56-9C33-D0276545DDAC.jpeg

-
Back