Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Have you ever used a mechanical ridge reamer....I don't have one now, but I have used one in the past. Sets up in the top of the bore, and you use a ratchet to operate it. Works great......
I have one if any one needs it to borrow.

Have you ever used a mechanical ridge reamer....I don't have one now, but I have used one in the past. Sets up in the top of the bore, and you use a ratchet to operate it. Works great......

Nope, I have found that a ball hone removes the ridges good when I hone my blocks...

I haven't tried a ridge reamer... Why buy another tool when you have one that already does the job???

Nope, I have found that a ball hone removes the ridges good when I hone my blocks...

I haven't tried a ridge reamer... Why buy another tool when you have one that already does the job???
You need a ridge reamer sometimes if you need to save the rings and pistons. Takes all the ridge out, unlike a ball hone. But if you aint saving rings, you really can do without. Good for engines with parts hard to get, or rare stuff you want to save.....

I have got to get some of these

th?id=OIP.jpg

Ya just never know when you'll need to open an adult beverage :lol:

You need a ridge reamer sometimes if you need to save the rings and pistons. Takes all the ridge out, unlike a ball hone. But if you aint saving rings, you really can do without. Good for engines with parts hard to get, or rare stuff you want to save.....
Think i have 2 ridge reamers. I know i have 1 for sure.
Had a valve grinding setup too, but i gave it away. Guy i know liked doing valve jobs so i threw it in when he bought my 76 trans am.

Dang MeMk, wish I was at home in Ark I would bring over some family recipe for the ribs.Make no mistake it takes away the pain! Of course ya can’t string a intelligent sentence together either but that really is never the point. Given my passion for playing ice hockey needless to say I have suffered many a cracked rib. They just do not heal fast no matter what you do. Be smart guy and be slow!

HMM Lamb chops, taters and string beans for dinner with a chocolate pudding pie for desert. Hoppy is happy!

HMM Lamb chops, taters and string beans for dinner with a chocolate pudding pie for desert. Hoppy is happy!
Rib eye steak, green beans, baked taters with strawberry pie...yum!! Oh and an adult beverage or two.:thumbsup:

Well good news with all this stay at home togetherness. After another hard "projects" day, and a couple adult drinks, we sat on the deck gazing out into the woods watching the birds fly and wildlife moving.
Cheryl sat there and told me she decided she enjoyed the view so much, she couldn't consider moving to another house. We'd been looking a couple years for a house and existing out building. Nothing found, either too big a house, or wrong side of the county.
As she sits there she tells me "lets just build that 40x40 garage, but just put it to the side so I still have my view of the woods....yea I didn't even ask if she was sure. Just smiled and said that's sounds great!!
Better yet she remembers what she said this morning.
Need to get the city permit going!!

Well good news with all this stay at home togetherness. After another hard "projects" day, and a couple adult drinks, we sat on the deck gazing out into the woods watching the birds fly and wildlife moving.
Cheryl sat there and told me she decided she enjoyed the view so much, she couldn't consider moving to another house. We'd been looking a couple years for a house and existing out building. Nothing found, either too big a house, or wrong side of the county.
As she sits there she tells me "lets just build that 40x40 garage, but just put it to the side so I still have my view of the woods....yea I didn't even ask if she was sure. Just smiled and said that's sounds great!!
Super Congrats Craig that is a huge first step! Be sure and build it tall enough for a lift!

Dude you are a lucky lucky man.

Oh it will be!! Only get one shot so it will be nice.
I’ve been getting quotes, there’s a place out of Kentucky I highly recommend. They make steel trussed pole barns. Their stuff is certified and tested to 150 mph winds. Our big farm shop is from them and it’s stood now for 30 years, no rust on the steel trusses, no leaks. The cool part is because of the truss design, it’s all open. So you can save money by going with a shorter wall compared to a wood frame, as you gain the area under the peak down to the top of the wall.

the quotes are about 2k higher than my quotes for the same exact size wood frame pole barn. But the wood frames around here are rated for 105 mph winds

I’ve been getting quotes, there’s a place out of Kentucky I highly recommend. They make steel trussed pole barns. Their stuff is certified and tested to 150 mph winds. Our big farm shop is from them and it’s stood now for 30 years, no rust on the steel trusses, no leaks. The cool part is because of the truss design, it’s all open. So you can save money by going with a shorter wall compared to a wood frame, as you gain the area under the peak down to the top of the wall.

the quotes are about 2k higher than my quotes for the same exact size wood frame pole barn. But the wood frames around here are rated for 105 mph winds
Well I do know around here all the garages are called pole barns for tax purposes. I've considered metal over wood, but haven't reached that decision yet.
I got one guy here who puts up all the farmers buildings (metal) and with the finished pad can have it done in a couple days.
On the other hand wood has its advantages also.

Well I do know around here all the garages are called pole barns for tax purposes. I've considered metal over wood, but haven't reached that decision yet.
I got one guy here who puts up all the farmers buildings (metal) and with the finished pad can have it done in a couple days.
On the other hand wood has its advantages also.
Yeah, to me there’s not a lot of advantage one over the other. Things like wind rating and price appear to be the two largest difference

Since I live in a community with a convergence, I stick built my 35x45 building to match my house. Got my final on it, then I built out the upstairs 1400 sf apartment, without the county's knowledge... Now I live in the Apartment, since Im single. And I rented out my house to Military people, on the same lot.....

-
Back