Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
My coffee maker is down...still asleep. No really the machine isn't working right, so a quick two block run to Mickey D's here.

Well figured out why the pop was running lean on one bank. Freaking ethanol!
DSC07023.JPG

Corroded the hell out of it. The ethanol attracts water. I really need to start it every week. Hope I can find a new gasket set today. I have a strip kit with new rods and jets so that is a good thing.

Cat uses that lame "no thumbs" excuse.
My left thumb hurts when I push on it- trying not to use it. Don't think I actually hit it, or anything like that. I just pushed it backwards too many times yesterday. Pretty sure it started when I adjusted the mower in the morning. Then I was using Allen keys quite a pit at work...
Didn't stop me from making coffee :thumbsup:

Corroded the hell out of it. The ethanol attracts water. I really need to start it every week. Hope I can find a new gasket set today. I have a strip kit with new rods and jets so that is a good thing.
I don't know if it's the corn gas or cheep chinese rubber, but have had a few hose failures between car and lawn equipment in the last year.:soapbox:

Same here Has to be the gas. Not sure what changed. I am just going to run non ethanol now in the car. PIA only can get it in Harrisburg.

Same here Has to be the gas. Not sure what changed. I am just going to run non ethanol now in the car. PIA only can get it in Harrisburg.

I just found out my chainsaw "prefers" non ethanol 89 octane, will have to see if I can find in town, been using 87. Neighbor who works at ACE and has a lot of Stihl showed me his can of 93 Octane Stihl gas, holy cow, over $20 a gallon!

I think Some of both. I changed the hose to the carb on my riding mower with some from off the spool at AZ. That and most of the hose on the Duster seems OK. Put the filter on Duster with the 2 little pieces they give you and they about disintegrated. Most of the other hoses are good. The one to evap canister keeps deteriorating at the end. Also, the push mower I got from a friend Had not been run in years. probably never had corn juice in it. Over the first Winter I had it the fuel line turned to crap and drained the tank. But that was not new china jnk. So, I don’t know

I just found out my chainsaw "prefers" non ethanol 89 octane, will have to see if I can find in town, been using 87. Neighbor who works at ACE and has a lot of Stihl showed me his can of 93 Octane Stihl gas, holy cow, over $20 a gallon!

I just looked at VP prices. Their 101 unleaded is just short of $20/gallon including the can.

A lot of places sell premixed gas. Haven’t gone that route, but maybe a way to solve ethanol issue. I go through way too much gas in th mower for that. Just thinking for the saw. Maybe string trimmer. But so far those havent been a problem.

A lot of places sell premixed gas. Haven’t gone that route, but maybe a way to solve ethanol issue. I go through way too much gas in th mower for that. Just thinking for the saw. Maybe string trimmer. But so far those havent been a problem.
I buy that high dollar ethanol-free crap for weedeater, chain saw, pressure washer... Stuff that doesn't get a lot of fuel through it. The mower gets alky-gas til near the end of season.. Then a couple tanks of the good stuff before winter. Seems to work ok.

I buy that high dollar ethanol-free crap for weedeater, chain saw, pressure washer... Stuff that doesn't get a lot of fuel through it. The mower gets alky-gas til near the end of season.. Then a couple tanks of the good stuff before winter. Seems to work ok.
$20 a gallon. Not gonna be using much of that...

6E0D1A23-96F1-4E3D-8481-6A65F2BE037B.png

Agree. I buy non-ethanol for my mowers and old cars unless I am out of town and can't get it. If I know I will be using it all before the car sits for a while then they can burn E10. I don't let them sit over the winter with E10 in the tank.

-
Back