Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I don’t wear a watch anymore...but I can send you one of my old ones if it helps you get out of there faster. Then you will only have one watch to go!

:lol:
Been a while since I wore one. Years ago, we had a training class at work. Discussion was about paying attention to details and what we really remember, yada, yada...the instructor asked us to draw a picture of our watch without looking at it. I drew my pager. LOL

I have a drawer full of old watches and they are only the good ones that I saved.

A few Swiss Army watches, Bulova, Seiko, Breitling, Omega and even some classic Timex among others.

Hard to believe that some of them are worth hundreds of $$ now. Figure they are now part of the retirement bonus plan.

Been listening to city council. I feel for the people that got water in their basement but unless you can prove the city was negligent you won't get reimbursed for your losses. Many said they have lived there 25 years with out a issue. Now if the sewer system was undersized or mis-designed you might think you would have had water before. We had 5" of rain in less than 24 hours and over 3" happened in a hour and a half. I think I'll have a drink now.

I use a watch at work because cell phones are not allowed in inmate areas or secure areas.

20200629_181206.jpg

Been listening to city council. I feel for the people that got water in their basement but unless you can prove the city was negligent you won't get reimbursed for your losses. Many said they have lived there 25 years with out a issue. Now if the sewer system was undersized or mis-designed you might think you would have had water before. We had 5" of rain in less than 24 hours and over 3" happened in a hour and a half. I think I'll have a drink now.
Kinda like saying my 100 year old house never got hit by lightning before this last storm, therefore the city is negligent for not putting up lightning rods.

Yeah...ok. Have another hit from bong.

Don't drink the sewer water.... :eek:

Kinda like saying my 100 year old house never got hit by lightning before this last storm, therefore the city is negligent for not putting up lightning rods.

I give you similar advice that I gave TMM...

Don't drink the bong water.... :eek:

Bong Water.png

Last edited:
I wish I still had one of the Rolex watches we used to sell in Guatemala. Buy them used state side and wear them down to Guatemala and sell them.

Havent worn a watch in years. Getting arm snagged under a dash isnt any fun. Either that,and i was constantly destroying them.
And now,you have a watch, i got the time...

Havent worn a watch in years. Getting arm snagged under a dash isnt any fun. Either that,and i was constantly destroying them.
And now,you have a watch, i got the time...
I carried a manual wind Timex pocket watch back when I was doing auto upholstery in the early 80s for the same reason. Would be destroyed on my wrist, but with a flip open cover and a belt chain it was safe in my pocket and I could pull it out without fear of dropping it...even when I was upside down and sideways in a car trunk screwing vinyl top molding back on. Had to make sure I was still on schedule for getting to the the next job site.

I still have it....in the drawer with the others.

I texted my wife at the meeting. Told her to get that big checkbook out and start writing away! LOL Along those same lines, I said the utility company doesn't reimburse you if lightning hits a utility line and the electricity enters your house and takes out your TV, phones, and microwave. Don't hold your breath waiting for that check, you'll turn blue! LOL

I have my grampa’s pocket watch.
I’d like to say the one I carried was passed down to me...but it wasn’t.

I bought it in a thrift shop in 1983 for $3. I beat the hell out of it, but like their slogan back then, it “Took a licking and kept on ticking.”

72 nova's are sweet, I kinda prefer the 73 and 74 styling but a 72 would be the same thing

Not a nova or little car

View attachment 1715553739

I knew a guy in the old homeland '72 Ventura, alledgedley the little V-8. At the time it was the only street car I had ever seen that would loft the front wheels when Dan grabbed 2nd gear. :eek:

72 nova's are sweet, I kinda prefer the 73 and 74 styling but a 72 would be the same thing

Not a nova or little car

View attachment 1715553739
I had a ‘72 Nova 350 V8 in my shop back in the day that I was fixing up to flip.

We had painted it earlier in the week, redid the interior and had just finished putting on the front disk brakes before we called it a day and the front Cragar SS wheel were on, but the lugs only finger tight. We were going to torque them up the following day.

That night one of my guys, drunk off his ***, decided to go into the shop and take the Nova for a ride. He dropped it down off the lift and went for a joy ride.

3 am, I get a drunk call from him that he got home but one of the front wheels was missing. Something must be wrong with the car.

I chewed him out and told him to go to bed. The next morning at 6 am I went looking for the wheel along his path Home. Found it in a front yard a 1/4 mike from his place. I collected it and went to the shop.

When he arrived, I promptly fired his dumb *** and had a tow truck go get the Nova from his driveway.

Driver’s side disc was a wreck and along with all the front wheel studs. Both front Cragar wheels were toast. Cost me $500 to repair it all and he damn sure didn’t get his last paycheck.

-
Back