Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Mike passed away last year. He was a great guy and a impressive engine builder. I just talked to Caroline his widow. Hi son, Chris is going to try to get the engine back in Mike's race car and bring it to the drag strip reunion on Sunday of Mopar Max. It would be an honor. Chris has never drove dad's car and wants to make a pass!

Wow prices have skyrocketed. Just stopped at McDonald’s on the way home tonight and it was 11.23 for a regular size 10 piece Chicken nugget meal... I know I’ve not had fast food in 5 months but it used to be less than 6 back in march

And bam...

1D00ED0B-3F38-49F7-AB14-5C4622D9D820.jpeg

Wow prices have skyrocketed. Just stopped at McDonald’s on the way home tonight and it was 11.23 for a regular size 10 piece Chicken nugget meal... I know I’ve not had fast food in 5 months but it used to be less than 6 back in march
And I think a whole rotisserie chicken at Giant is only like 6 bucks...

Unloaded 1 yard of gravel into the lawn tractor shed. Backed trailer in and shovelled 1/3 of it off, drove trailer most of the way out and dumped the rest. Front wall gets built next. Hoping to get metal siding on it before winter.

And I think a whole rotisserie chicken at Giant is only like 6 bucks...
Don’t know. Grocery stores here are empty again. Everything was pretty much back to normal 3 weeks ago. Probably gonna swing back and forth for a while as the supply chain settles

Don’t know. Grocery stores here are empty again. Everything was pretty much back to normal 3 weeks ago. Probably gonna swing back and forth for a while as the supply chain settles
I think the Mcd’s prices is more them trying to pay real wages than covid related

The price of ground beef is up. I saw a 17# brisket today for $3.99 a pound. Hamburger was $5.49/lb for 85%.

Was in Giant Sunday. Definitely not stocked the way it used to be. The actually rearranged most of the store. Wider aisles mean less items. Still cant keep crapper paper on the shelves. My wife said not playing that game again. Had 2 cases delivered. Not sure where she ordered from

Was in Giant Sunday. Definitely not stocked the way it used to be. The actually rearranged most of the store. Wider aisles mean less items. Still cant keep crapper paper on the shelves. My wife said not playing that game again. Had 2 cases delivered. Not sure where she ordered from
Somewhere on Amazon. Good idea. With the Covid numbers going up it would be smart to stock up early. We know what is coming.

We are also stocked on paper towels, antibacterial dish soap, isopropyl alcohol, hydrogen peroxide. nyquil, musinex, Etc.

Numbers are going up here again too. Not astronomical numbers, but we are all going backwards.

Numbers are going up here again too. Not astronomical numbers, but we are all going backwards.
But here’s what I’m noticing, they’ve had cases explode, but the number of deaths aren’t going up at the same rate, and it most states the death rate has dropped. Note, I don’t mean the total number of deaths but the percentage of positive cases dying is dropping compared to earlier rates. Which supports what the doctor from UoK was saying last spring, as the virus mutates and spreads, it becomes generally less lethal but more contagious

But here’s what I’m noticing, they’ve had cases explode, but the number of deaths aren’t going up at the same rate, and it most states the death rate has dropped. Note, I don’t mean the total number of deaths but the percentage of positive cases dying is dropping compared to earlier rates. Which supports what the doctor from UoK was saying last spring, as the virus mutates and spreads, it becomes generally less lethal but more contagious
I can agree. Fewer fatal cases here as well.

Well all the deaths (and more) have been reported from the beginning. As testing becomes more widespread, they are documenting many cases that were not being caught before - including people with no symptoms. So, deaths as a percent of the total goes down.

Well all the deaths (and more) have been reported from the beginning. As testing becomes more widespread, they are documenting many cases that were not being caught before - including people with no symptoms. So, deaths as a percent of the total goes down.
There is also that. Who knows. I think it’s a legit concern, but it’s also never going away. Ever. And I won’t be getting a vaccine. Not right away, not until after a long while, rushing this vaccine is just as dangerous as the virus itself. It needs to be done correctly and safely, not fast tracked

There is also that. Who knows. I think it’s a legit concern, but it’s also never going away. Ever. And I won’t be getting a vaccine. Not right away, not until after a long while, rushing this vaccine is just as dangerous as the virus itself. It needs to be done correctly and safely, not fast tracked
Yeh, our current family Doc said don't be too quick getting it. The making of it needed to be fast tracked, but agree, they can't rush to dump it out there. Variety of issues could come from a bad vaccine. False security to actually giving people the virus...

-
Back