Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
It's like a sliding scale. A percentage of positives. You test more, the positives go up. It gets worse and the percentage of positives goes up.
Exactly.

I also think that’s why you have PHDs and the like, on both sides of the debate. Some are only looking at total numbers, others are watching the percentages etc.

Its kinda weird that 10 years ago, I predicted the mopar population would get younger because more young people would buy mopars.

Now that 10 years has past, I think the population is older and less diverse than ever.

Only reason I got tested was that it was time for my bi-annual physical with my GP. I had to call them after no results after 2 weeks :realcrazy:
Yeah and that’s the other part of the problem, the results and timing of getting them back is all over the place, some are getting them back in 24 hrs, some 7-10 days. Some are anywhere in between. And there’s so many different tests out there with a wide variety of accuracy ratings, it’s like trying to find a certain, unique needle in a stack of needles in a hay stack.

Elon musk took 4 Covid tests, the top 4 most common last week, he got two positives and two negatives. What does that tell you.

Its kinda weird that 10 years ago, I predicted the mopar population would get younger because more young people would buy mopars.

Now that 10 years has past, I think the population is older and less diverse than ever.
Eh I’m not sure. Round here, most of the Mopar guys are around my age. There still a few older guys and gals around, but the diehards that get out and do stuff with their cars are the younger crew

Thing is... I don’t think I’ll want a vaccine on it’s for go around. As rushed as this has been with the level of wildly varying data and reports, I’m not convinced of the safety of it.

hell, we all could be living the set of the Walking Dead in a year after they administer the vaccine for all we know. And the way this year is going, that’s not gonna surprise me.

Falcon launch still looks good for Saturday AM at Vandenberg AFB. Weather shouldn't be an issue :thumbsup:. It's funny, When I was living in the desert some 200 miles from here, every now and then we would see a satellite launch from VAFB. :D

Yeah and that’s the other part of the problem, the results and timing of getting them back is all over the place, some are getting them back in 24 hrs, some 7-10 days. Some are anywhere in between. And there’s so many different tests out there with a wide variety of accuracy ratings, it’s like trying to find a certain, unique needle in a stack of needles in a hay stack.

Elon musk took 4 Covid tests, the top 4 most common last week, he got two positives and two negatives. What does that tell you.
That the tests aren't all that accurate. I don't have a lot of faith in all the numbers we were just talking about. Even the death numbers are skewed. (Whether on purpose or not but lets not go there. I don't want to get it and O will be cautious to lower my risk. What as the whole idea of this conversation. As you know, there's no right answers here. I'm out.

That the tests aren't all that accurate. I don't have a lot of faith in all the numbers we were just talking about. Even the death numbers are skewed. (Whether on purpose or not but lets not go there. I don't want to get it and O will be cautious to lower my risk. What as the whole idea of this conversation. As you know, there's no right answers here. I'm out.
For sure. I’m all for being cautious and not playing with fire while soaked in gasoline.
Have a good night mike

I've thought about that also... They should use the test that's most accurate...

What good is using a test that's not accurate and you can't trust the results??? You need to compare apples to apples and not apples to oranges (LeRoy shout out)....

It's like when I was at the engine plant... I did bolt stretch studies on my connecting rod multiples with micrometers... One of my counterparts on the other V-6 engine tried to use vernier calipers to do a bolt stretch study... I told him that it wouldn't work because the calipers are not as accurate as micrometers and you need to be able to measure the bolts to the next decimal for accurate results...

He did the test with vernier calipers and the results were all over the map...

I loaned him my ball micrometers and he did the test over and the results made more sense... He learned the hard way that you need the extra decimal point of accuracy to get good results....

You are wasting your time if your data and results are not accurate...

Eh I’m not sure. Round here, most of the Mopar guys are around my age. There still a few older guys and gals around, but the diehards that get out and do stuff with their cars are the younger crew

We should recruit high school girls into the hobby, because as we get older, they stay the same age.... :D

High School Girls.jpg

For sure. I’m all for being cautious and not playing with fire while soaked in gasoline.
Have a good night mike

I think looking at the capacity of people in the ICU is a good indication of how bad it's getting.... Those numbers are real and don't lie....

I think looking at the capacity of people in the ICU is a good indication of how bad it's getting.... Those numbers are real and don't lie....
Exactly.
I've thought about that also... They should use the test that's most accurate...

What good is using a test that's not accurate and you can't trust the results??? You need to compare apples to apples and not apples to oranges (LeRoy shout out)....

It's like when I was at the engine plant... I did bolt stretch studies on my connecting rod multiples with micrometers... One of my counterparts on the other V-6 engine tried to use vernier calipers to do a bolt stretch study... I told him that it wouldn't work because the calipers are not as accurate as micrometers and you need to be able to measure the bolts to the next decimal for accurate results...

He did the test with vernier calipers and the results were all over the map...

I loaned him my ball micrometers and he did the test over and the results made more sense... He learned the hard way that you need the extra decimal point of accuracy to get good results....

You are wasting your time if your data and results are not accurate...

I think the problem is , there’s no one test that is more accurate than the others, they all are inconsistent.

I think the problem is , there’s no one test that is more accurate than the others, they all are inconsistent.

I've heard that one test is more accurate... Now how accurate I'm not sure, you would want something at 99% or better or else you could be chasing ghosts (pun intended)....

I've heard that one test is more accurate... Now how accurate I'm not sure, you would want something at 99% or better or else you could be chasing ghosts (pun intended)....
Last I read, they were all in the 60% range for accuracy

It's not that simple...

The no lockdown may have worked in Sweden because they are more responsible as individuals than we are here...

China had a strict lockdown and opened up when the wave was still spreading everywhere else.... China has much more strict and severe enforcement over its people.... (They'll kill ya...)

Americans usually do what they feel, sometimes being selfish and don't follow the rules... If more Americans would look out more for the good of the group than just for themselves as individuals, then we would be in better shape....

Example: That guy in the FBBO thread this week (that is now deleted) who had covid and travelled to Ohio and said he didn't care who he exposed and infected... The people at colleges and the others that are having large gatherings.... The presidential rallies where they don't wear masks or practice social distancing... The people in the streets "protesting" the deaths of unarmed citizens by the police.... Those are the assholes that are making this worse for all of us....

It depends on the mindset of the population as to what will work....

Covid 19 Density.jpg

Good Evening All! Another nail biter by the Seahawks and am looking forward to picking up a Duster hood tomorrow, this one in better shape than my current one. Guy's got a lot of parts including a "nose", am wondering if that's a radiator core support, we'll see.

Hmm, looking back at the listing, says "firewall and nose, I might have the title". Wonder if it's the entire front "clip"?

It's not that simple...

The no lockdown may have worked in Sweden because they are more responsible as individuals than we are here...

China had a strict lockdown and opened up when the wave was still spreading everywhere else.... China has much more strict and severe enforcement over its people.... (They'll kill ya...)

Americans usually do what they feel, sometimes being selfish and don't follow the rules... If more Americans would look out more for the good of the group than just for themselves as individuals, then we would be in better shape....

Example: That guy in the FBBO thread this week (that is now deleted) who had covid and travelled to Ohio and said he didn't care who he exposed and infected... The people at colleges and the others that are having large gatherings.... The presidential rallies where they don't wear masks or practice social distancing... The people in the streets "protesting" the deaths of unarmed citizens by the police.... Those are the assholes that are making this worse for all of us....

It depends on the mindset of the population as to what will work....

View attachment 1715633390

Most counties in the state I live in test at 7 percent positive on average. Whitman County, the home of WSU is testing at 48 percent positive of those tested. Some of that is probably dorm living, some of it the other dense.

Actually they could lie. Our local hospital just added ICU beds. I think doubled. So if they were at 100%, all of a sudden they would be at 50%... And someone will just grab that number and use it to support their story. Selective statistics can 'prove' any side of an argument.

Last edited:
Dont know if i would actually qualify as first.
Dont know if i really slept,so im still here?

went from no snow to lawn being covered in snow this morning.

-
Back