Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Have to borrow a tester today. Looks like it is part of the fuel regulator on the tank, thankfully it is side mounted under the bed.

Last edited:
Have to borrow a tester today. Looks like it is poart of the fuel regullator on the tank, thankfully it is side mounted under the bed.
So it is returnless. No replacing the filter without buying pump. Test your sending unit before you install it. I did a fuel pump in a cobalt a few weeks ago, found out yesterday the gauge didnt work. It only had a couple gallons of gas in it when i swapped tank. So i thought fuel was not enough to move gauge.
Today’s job. Glad i have the gas tote, with a reversible pump.

Looks like it is the reg/fiter on top of the tank like a jeep. Have to look at the FSM if it is it.

So it is returnless. No replacing the filter without buying pump. Test your sending unit before you install it. I did a fuel pump in a cobalt a few weeks ago, found out yesterday the gauge didnt work. It only had a couple gallons of gas in it when i swapped tank. So i thought fuel was not enough to move gauge.
Today’s job. Glad i have the gas tote, with a reversible pump.
Ha! Gas tote. Damn handy. When I worked at the dealer one of the guys needed a little gas for his old Ford pick up. He pumped out some diesel into his gas tank. Boy did that thing run like crap and smoke like a steamer for a couple days! (flashback)

I just started using lap joint clamps on exhaust, man I love them easy to put on the pipe will come apart easily no indents like a reg muffler clamp. Hopefully doing the dart with them later today.

s-l500.jpg

Did the R/T with them really like them, see how they hold up. Was going to braze the Pop in since I did not like all the clamps on it and some were low. These should work great on it.

Im not concerned about appearance when it comes to muffler clamps. I turn em sideways so the threads dont get beat up. As far as denting the pipes, i give them a tack weld so its permanent anyway.

Another Friday, Another new day to do it my way

Good morning to all my busy, hard working coffee drinkin gear heads

imagejpeg_0(4).jpg

A friend here in town managed Midas years ago, operated his own shop for years and sold out. He bought a hoist and set up shop at his acreage. I needed a couple mufflers on my Swinger. The original pipes were plenty soft and couldn't use regular clamps. I wish I had some of those band clamps. He welded them but couldn't do a nice job because of the soft metal and rust. the exhaust is the original single pipes cut and modified to duals. I need to replace the system here pretty soon.

A friend here in town managed Midas years ago, operated his own shop for years and sold out. He bought a hoist and set up shop at his acreage. I needed a couple mufflers on my Swinger. The original pipes were plenty soft and couldn't use regular clamps. I wish I had some of those band clamps. He welded them but couldn't do a nice job because of the soft metal and rust. the exhaust is the original single pipes cut and modified to duals. I need to replace the system here pretty soon.
You won't need clamps or welds if you run open headers. Jes sayin...

Good Morning

Good morning @MomsDuster , hope all is well there, I need to post a Pic of the gift you sent me, it's on my side of the bed in our sports room, I am so proud to own it.

-
Back