Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Morning Mike...looks like one you could work with.
I sure hope so, this will be my second fender to buy for the passenger side, the last one I bought 5 years ago here and I grinded half a gallon of fill out of it, started dulling it out and seen its going to be a body head ack ! Its 5 1/2 hours away down south. Gas in my truck would be 120 dollars i would expect. Wear and tear on me and my truck..

Screenshot_20220104-053056_Google.jpg

So I got a crazy idea but the wife definitely won’t go for it. I can buy several grain bins, 2-5k a piece, set them up, connect walk ways between them, have a multi grain bin home where each grain bin is its own room/function. With current material cost, I could do it all, minus plumbing and electrical for about $65,000-80,000 and have roughly 5,000 sq ft.

So I got a crazy idea but the wife definitely won’t go for it. I can buy several grain bins, 2-5k a piece, set them up, connect walk ways between them, have a multi grain bin home where each grain bin is its own room/function. With current material cost, I could do it all, minus plumbing and electrical for about $65,000-80,000 and have roughly 5,000 sq ft.
Build a house out of Hay bales. R30 insulation value I believe.

straw-bale-house-walls1.jpg

If i had the choice between grain bins or sea cans, think i would go with sea cans. Maybe one grain bin and several sea cans.

Good Morning everyone. I hope all is well out there. Not quite as cold today but the wind makes up for the ambient temps. Snow coming tomorrow, conflicting reports. 1.5-5" ish or none or ???

Local relator my friend knows just sold a house he owned. The buyer wanted to bring him cash for it a very upper six figure house. He took a quarter of the price cash and now doesn't know what to do with it. Can't put it in the bank he'll get reported. Trip to Vegas?? Spend it as cash?? Worried to having that much money in the house. Time for a BIG safe deposit box.

Good Morning everyone. I hope all is well out there. Not quite as cold today but the wind makes up for the ambient temps. Snow coming tomorrow, conflicting reports. 1.5-5" ish or none or ???
I don't mind a little snow especially if it's followed by a few sunny days.

So funny hay bale story, as a young lad like most we hauled hay for money. .03 cents per bale. Anyway farmer had some renters he was quarreling with about not paying rent. Sheriff explained yes it was his property but no he could not evict them. They went partying over the weekend and he had us fill the house with two trailers of hay bales! Imagine doing that today?

I don't mind a little snow especially if it's followed by a few sunny days.

I don't mind the snow so much, it is the bitter cold that bothers me more and more. It is much worse other places, but I still hate it. I also don't like the heat and humidity, which we also get in the summer, again not like other places for sure. I don't know really. Find a place a bit in between somehow

-
Back