Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Whenever i have a piece of fruit i think about sharing with my lab. She loved oranges, and banannas was her second favorite.

Ya, but now you are in better shape than before you went on vacation.....:lol:
Nope, still a little round, guess thats a shape…
If this would go away, i could be as active as i would like.
Lots i want to do,just doing what it takes to keep paying the bills..

Been there, done that... :mad:

In my 68 barracuda fastback daily driver... The third 7 1/4" axle to bite the dust... Was going 60 mph on the highway when the left axle and wheel together came off and passed me on the shoulder of the freeway...
shock.gif
:eek: :BangHead:

That's when I made the decision to never, never use another weak-suck 7 1/4" axle again...
confused.gif

I had a spare 8 3/4" axle with 3.23 gear and had my trans guy go through it to make sure everything was fresh, and never broke another axle on that car again... I drove that car to 500,000 miles with that axle... It's still good, going to put it in my son's 68 Valiant when we put it together... :steering:

Last edited:
Been there, done that... :mad:

In my 68 barracuda fastback daily driver... The third 7 1/4" axle to bite the dust... Was going 60 mph on the highway when the left axle and wheel together came off and passed me on the shoulder of the freeway... View attachment 1715972266 :eek: :BangHead:

That's when I made the decision to never, never use another weak-suck 7 1/4" axle again... View attachment 1715972267

I had a spare 8 3/4" axle with 3.23 gear and had my trans guy go through it to make sure everything was fresh, and never broke another axle on that car again... I drove that car to 500,000 miles with that axle... It's still good, going to put it in my son's 68 Valiant when we put it together... :steering:

View attachment 1715972268
Yikes that would be scary !!

Yikes that would be scary !!

It was...

That's why I don't use 7 1/4" axles any more...

I was running a 318 with 9.2 compression, 340 automatic cam, 4 bbl and dual exhaust... Nothing radical and broke three 7 1/4" axles with it over 4 years... No more...

This was after I had my trans guy go through them and make sure everything was good before installing the last two... I told him if the bearings etc are half worn or more, replace them... He did good work and I know he did them right.... Those 7 1/4" axles just don't have the strength to handle even a mild V-8...

Luckily I had super stock leaf springs with the Mancini Racing longer u-bolts and it kept my quarter panel from touching the ground when the wheel and axle came loose....

IMG_20220818_095747570_HDR.jpg
Well last cup of coffee for the day so time to take my Tigger slippers off and go mow the lawn.

At Famoso for one of the Nostalgia races, an early 60s Impaler on the starting line. Not your average
th?id=OIP.jpg
there was a blower pokin' up through the hood :eek:. The Christmas tree did it's thing, the driver did his thing, the left side drive axle didn't do it's thing. Immediate left turn into the barrier rail. Either broke an axle or the axle and housing, gear oil allover the starting line. That lane was junk for the rest of the day :BangHead:

I'm considering going to the community college and looking into taking AutoCAD refresher courses... It's been 8 years since I took them last time... I could use a little instruction to catch up on the latest upgrades...

Plus then I can download the programs to my computer that I built to handle CAD and test it out...

Modern MOPAR question. Both of the electronic key fobs on the '13 Express have gotten to the point of being a real PIA. Just barely brush either lock or unlock and they do their thing. MOPAR dealer or key shop for replacement?

Hey Mitch . How is that girl doing in Vietnam , that got in the motor vehicle accident ?
That was my gals sister, Chi Sau. She came home from the hospital in Saigon about a week and a half ago. She is still beat up, but will survive. They will take good care of her at home. That's one of the great things about Vietnamese Families. They take very good care of their own. Even when the parents or grandparents are old, they are taken very good care of at home. Never get shoved off to an " old folks home". They will die in the families care. My gal is 29 yrs my junior, so I have that comfort to look forward to..:thumbsup:

Modern MOPAR question. Both of the electronic key fobs on the '13 Express have gotten to the point of being a real PIA. Just barely brush either lock or unlock and they do their thing. MOPAR dealer or key shop for replacement?
There are aftermarket fobs. And cases. It could be something to do with the case. If its just the case, you can change it. Fob is another story. I have a local locksmith that deals with things like programming new fobs as they are part of anti-theft system.

Ram is out of shop. Also has a bad bearing in column. $2000 ish for a column as bearing isnt replaceable. I will send owner on a quest to find a used column.

Today, working on organizing the shop, and moving things around. Want to go get my rotisserie out of the shed and get ready to mount my 70 Cuda....:thumbsup:

Today, working on organizing the shop, and moving things around. Want to go get my rotisserie out of the shed and get ready to mount my 70 Cuda....:thumbsup:
Damn sounds like fun I love the 70 Cuda and would be nice to come help. Make sure you get some pictures to show us how it goes.

There are aftermarket fobs. And cases. It could be something to do with the case. If its just the case, you can change it. Fob is another story. I have a local locksmith that deals with things like programming new fobs as they are part of anti-theft system.

The switch mechanisms are ultra sensitive now. just putting the keys in a pocket will activate whichever switch the pocket touches.

-
Back