Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Holy crap, that’s incredible

View attachment 1716013371

Our store brand Meijer turkeys are 55 cents a pound...

Come up here to get that motorcycle and pick up a couple... There's a Meijer store on 159th in Orland Park, not far from where you are going in Markham where you could pick up a couple...

Orland Park is a good area...

Yep did two now didn't like either one...yuck!!
Afterwards we always went for a full breakfast.
Since I wasn't allowed to drive for the day, Cheryl drop me off at the golf course for an enjoyable day.

If I'm gettin' a colonoscopy, breakfast is not enough... It's dinner and a movie or no-go...

Last edited:
I thought I would miss it but have always had so much to do and places to go. Now Cheryl has retired, and we get to spend each day together a retirement bonus in my book!! You'll find the right time to retire. Just don't wait too long there is a lot of life to live out there...just saying.

If you wait too long to retire, your health may prevent you from enjoying it...

Retire while your body still works and you can make the most of it and enjoy it...

Sadly. I have to go into the outgoing job office today…

Tell them to...

asskiss.gif

This morning is MRI day on the knee. The knee has really felt good the last few weeks.
I've played golf, cardio tennis, gym workout, yardwork, up and down the stairs with no pain.
I guess I'm still going in just to make sure there is nothing hiding and plus establish a good base line for future possibilities.

Good luck on the MRI...

Went to the Navy Exchange yesterday for a haircut long wait so I hung out in the cafeteria, lots of retired dudes, I was jealous!

View attachment 1716013386

I will get my hair cut within the next six weeks... Phil's barber...

Phil puts out a mini bar with mixed drinks for customers to have a toddy between Thanksgiving and New Years...

I look forward to my drink and hair cut during the holidays and plan so my hair will need a trim during the bar time period... :)

It's best when it's just me and the dog kicking around .... "Air hankey" seems to clear the most stoppage. :lol:

So gross.... LOL
If I am outside the old "Farmer blow" works great! :rofl:
I will get my hair cut within the next six weeks... Phil's barber...

Phil puts out a mini bar with mixed drinks for customers to have a toddy between Thanksgiving and New Years...

I look forward to my drink and hair cut during the holidays and plan so my hair will need a trim during the bar time period... :)
Cheers to that. As long as he doesn't have a shot with every customer. LMAO

Is it actually set up to produce heat? A lot of fireplaces don't put much of it in the room... Gas is nice for convenience and clean. Just not the same as a wood fire.

The fireplaces in my house have a liner with vents on the bottom and top so the natural convection helps circulate the air around the fireplace and heat the room better...

My grandpa had this house custom build with cool features back in 1960...

We also have 4 foot overhangs on the roof so you can walk around the house in the rain without getting wet...

I would like a gas insert in my fireplace. Our hearth is so big it just doesn't draw well and the fire is always lazy. The neighbor has a very realistic looking insert that heats his living room well and starts with a remote control.

My dad had our upstairs fire place converted to gas... It runs the gas bill up when I use it...

I wish it was still wood burning like the downstairs one is as I have lots of trees to cut up for free firewood...

Well, im thinking its a go. Threaded a 7/16 nf nut to m12x1.5. I cant see the remains of any of the 7/16 threads. Looks clean. Tried a mag nut and it looks like it will work. And 14” turbines clear caliper. 245/60-14’s think i need to try back wheel fitment next. So far i’m stoked!

View attachment 1716013440

Did you torque them to make sure the threads are nice and strong after the retap???

Good day guys. Reading like Debbie Downer here lately but... Wife went back to Urgent Care yesterday for more x-rays. She has developed pneumonia in upper quadrant of both lungs. For days she has held her right side and boob as she tried to cough up congestion. Today she can cough the stuff up and spit it out so thats improvement.
Shes out of work until next Monday. Her supervisor is surely disappointed since he's the only person there that can run her job. All he could say is "get well soon".

Good luck to her and make sure she's recovered well enough before sending her back to work....

And on a lighter note: If I had boobs, I would hold them too for any reason that I could find... I'm jealous...

Feel it.jpeg

Good afternoon.

So I find myself in a brief dilemma. I had accepted a position last week that gets me out of this current hell hole. That position is essentially identical to the one I’m leaving. IE drafting and design work.

I mentioned last week I’d received a competing offer but that offer was way less money despite being in a project manager role, which is what I want long term.
Well I turned that offer down. Then yesterday, that company’s head HR lady called me, we spoke for nearly two hours, today she’s sent me an offer that matches and in some areas exceeds, my first offer from the other company.

So now, I’m torn, stick with my original since I already accepted or take the latest which is ultimately where I want my career to go

Nothing wrong with accepting the second one if that's more along the lines of your long term goals...

Do what's best for you, don't feel obligated to any company... You're just a piece of meat to them... Once they are done with you they will throw your bones in a pile of trash...

Hmm my best friend found a motorcycle up there he wants to buy. Located on 159th street.

Come on up and look at it... It will be ok...

We could met up for a few minutes or so...

That area is within 20 miles from the IN/IL border of I-80

Nothing wrong with accepting the second one if that's more along the lines of your long term goals...

Do what's best for you, don't feel obligated to any company... You're just a piece of meat to them... Once they are done with you they will throw your bones in a pile of trash...
Or you didn't already sign a contract with a no compete clause.

That would be illegal on the company's part in Ca. Bones are organic waste and must be disposed of with the green waste so they can be composted. :lol:

Did you torque them to make sure the threads are nice and strong after the retap???
Cordless impact maxes at 110 foot-lbs. no problemo!
I pre-drilled for tap, some nuts were drill bit size, most were smaller, im confident they will be just fine. No remnants of old threads at all.

-
Back