Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
-25. Had to gas up truck. No fun. Get home, Kims car needs to be plugged in. Find cord and thread it through wall of shelter and plug in. Did i mention it was -25? I got a chill..
I hate winter

-25. Had to gas up truck. No fun. Get home, Kims car needs to be plugged in. Find cord and thread it through wall of shelter and plug in. Did i mention it was -25? I got a chill..
I hate winter
I know. You need to move south.

I hate winter
It's interesting how more mild it is between Fred and me.

It's interesting how more mild it is between Fred and me.
Even at my place in Maryland it is pretty mild during the winter. Occasionally, maybe every 3 or 4 years we will get a foot of snow. But not very often. We'll get down to the mid-20s in January and February. But that's about it

Hey, it is Pearl harbor Day in Vietnam. But they had nothing to do with it. :rofl:

We can still blame them...

(All Asians look alike... LOL!!!)...

A Jew and a Chinese guy are sitting next to each other in a bar...

After a while, the Jew punches the Chinese guy and knocks him off his bar stool...

The Chinese guy asks, "What was that for"???

The Jew replies, "That's for bombing Pearl Harbor"...

The Chinese guy says, "The Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor, I'm Chinese"...

The Jew replies, "Chinese, Japanese, you are all the same to me"...

Some time passes and the Chinese guy punches the Jew and knocks him off his bar stool...

The Jew asks, "What was that for"???

The Chinese guy says, "That's for sinking the Titanic"...

The Jew says to the Chinese guy, "The Titanic was sunk by an iceberg"...

The Chinese guy replies, "Iceberg, Goldberg, you are all the same to me"...

OK guys, It's that time again. Christmas confections. I'll roll approx' 12 dozen peanut butter balls before I go to bed tonight.

You sure it's not 12 dozen of these????

Joints.jpg

It's Worden Wednesday!

On the morning of 7 December 1941, during the attack on Pearl Harbor, Worden lay in a nest alongside destroyer tender Dobbin (AD-3), receiving upkeep. She suffered no damage in the Japanese attack, but one of her gunners, Quartermaster 3d Class Raymond H. Brubaker, shot down a bomber with a .50-caliber Browning machine gun. Within two hours of the commencement of the attack, Worden had gotten underway and was proceeding to the open sea.

Although, in the operational plans for the attack, Japanese submarines were supposed to attack American ships as they emerged from Pearl Harbor, their attempts to carry out the mission failed. The danger of enemy submarines, however, did exist; and purported submarine sightings proliferated.

Worden picked up a submarine contact at 1240— well over three hours after the attack by the enemy aircraft had been completed—and dropped seven depth charges.

worden.jpg

Good Morning.

Good morning everyone. I hope all is well. Got antibiotics yesterday as cough is still here with force. Fingers crossed I can finally get over this. Have been sick since 21st Nov.

Morning guys a day in Kansas City yesterday. On the way home a friend called Cheryl and said he had extra tickets to our local Zoo Lights where they put up Christmas lights with Christmas music all throughout the zoo. Sure, we'll go she says so detour to the zoo until 8pm then home long day.

Last edited:
I hate winter
Frank I am not one to brag but the sun ain’t up here yet and it is already 51F here. I do not miss Winter not one little bit. My buddy in Fargo sent me a blizzard like picture from yesterday and I sent him a picture of the pansies popping here. I think I may have to mow again. I love Arkansas!

-
Back